• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Remotescape! Kaleidscape control from iPhone & iPod Touch

Do you press the 2X button to enlarge it or keep it small on the ipad?
Doesn't the enlarge button degrade the images?

I use 2x mode on iPad, the graphical presentation is fine by me (although obviously not as good as the dedicated iPad app).

Remotescape v1.3.1 update is available for download. The release notes cite minor UI updates and minor fixes.

Remotescape v1.3.2 update has just been posted on the iTunes App store. The release notes cite minor fixes.

For me to decide whether I like it or not I have to commit to ?85

And for once UK App store is cheaper than USA !

$149.99 / 1.6 = ?93.75 and normally you'd expect 20% VAT on top of that !

Seriously, I use it and its great. If you bought a physical remote control it is just over ?50 - and you can install the app on all iPads that share the same iTunes account and it is wireless you don't have to worry about IR extenders etc.

Richard

If you can afford a Kaleidescape system, and you have an iPad or iPhone, then Remotescape is a must have. Actually I bought an iPad specifically to run Remotescape. My only gripe was not having an upgrade path from the iPhone version to the iPad version, other than buying the iPad version outright (and thus making the iPhone version obsolete).

They don't integrate with each other, they operate stand-alone, like all iPad Apps. So you won't have the one interface controlling everything. Remotescape will control your Kaleidescape system, if you buy the volume control licence it will also control vol+, vol- and mute on your audio processor. For everything else you'll need iRuleHD.

The app is great - I use it to control my audio through my whole-house audio...I bought the iphone version when it came out. I just got an iPad for my birthday, but I can't justify plunking down another $150 for the iPad version. Understandably the graphics are probably much better, but not worth $150 for the higher resolution when the functionality seems to be the same as on the iphone version.

I wish there was an iPad upgrade path for people who already bought the iphone version.

The app is great - I use it to control my audio through my whole-house audio...I bought the iphone version when it came out. I just got an iPad for my birthday, but I can't justify plunking down another $150 for the iPad version. Understandably the graphics are probably much better, but not worth $150 for the higher resolution when the functionality seems to be the same as on the iphone version.

I wish there was an iPad upgrade path for people who already bought the iphone version.
WOW $150!!!!!

I thought it was $100 just last month. I agree I wish there was an IPad upgrade path, or some sort of option for iPhone owners.

Dan has said there is no upgrade path. If you have the iPhone version installed on an iPad and you want to upgrade to the iPad version, you need to buy it in the same way as if you didn't have any previous version.

For me to decide whether I like it or not I have to commit to ?85

Actually I think Apple is pretty reasonable about issuing refunds if you purchase an app and are not happy with it.

They kind of hide the fact that you can do it, but this article explains how: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/features/408977/how_to_get_a_refund_from_the_itunes_app_store.html

As a developer we don't get to control the refunds at all -- it's all up to Apple. But we wouldn't want to keep the money of an unsatisfied customer.
--Dan.

can you use ipad to start pre amp and select different audio modes

The Remotescape Volume Control feature provides an "Activity Starting" event that's triggered when you launch the app and pick the zone you want to control. You can attach any commands you want here, including turning on components and selecting modes. (That is, you can control anything that can be controlled over TCP/IP on your home WiFi network.)

There are no configurable soft-buttons within the app itself beyond volume up/down and mute toggle, so if you need to make additional manual adjustments beyond these while using Remotescape, you need to switch to another remote control (either an iPad app for this purpose, or any other remote you have).

There's a detailed tutorial on setting up volume control integration on the Remotescape site here: http://www.remotescape.com/volume_control_tutorial.shtml Search for "Activity Starting" to see the part about setting up initial commands to configure a zone after it's selected by the user.
--Dan.

Back