• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape launches movie download store

I think we all seem to be in the same boat re: bluray. Downloading doesn't seem worthwhile otherwise.mstill, glad they made that progress.

K continues to work hard at getting the BR side up and running. Should not be much longer.:)

Jim

Hi my name is Peter and I still live in an unsupported territory. Its been .........ahhhh......... ohhhhh ...........never, since my last download.

But I have been back to Apple and Amazon........more than once. A comment was made recently somewhere on the forum that it feels like the old days with soooo many different sources and locations for our movies. Simple reason and logic tell me that without some clear progress in the short run Kaleidescape is going to lose its appeal for many of us........loyalty aside.

Peter

Blu-ray definitely important, but I think it's more important to see some more studios joining this pretty soon.

Agreed. I still think K offers something over and above the streamers. One day I wanted to watch something on my Apple TV. So I put it on and...... "itunes store not available". And thats the downside of the streamers. It could be that your source is not available or your internet is down... My K collection is always there.

Agreed. I still think K offers something over and above the streamers. One day I wanted to watch something on my Apple TV. So I put it on and...... "itunes store not available". And thats the downside of the streamers. It could be that your source is not available or your internet is down... My K collection is always there.

You can't store local copies of content with the Apple TV? That's odd since you don't stream to iPads and such, you download the content. Or was it connecting to verify your license?

Argo.

It was great to see it available today for download, day & date with the physical DVD release.

+1 on Argo.

I had been assuming that the plan was to have the download available same as the day/date release of the DVD. It's nice to see this happen.

John

Great news re: Argo. So this brings up to important points. First, blu ray. I preordered the blu ray version but would gladly have bought it through K instead if it was available today. Second, is K going to "advertise" in advance what movies will be available as a same day release? This is very important as I often pre-order my blu rays through Amazon so I will have them on day of release.

Don't see the B_R version version of Argo or any comment on the site about ANY B_R content being available. Am I missing something?

I hope my post didn't confuse you. No change on the blu ray front. I was making the point that blu ray is highly important. The DVD release is great and it's a step in the right direction but would not have compelled me to cancel my blu ray order.

I hope my post didn't confuse you. No change on the blu ray front. I was making the point that blu ray is highly important. The DVD release is great and it's a step in the right direction but would not have compelled me to cancel my blu ray order.

Thanks Tweaks. My mistake.

FYI - Argo was available to purchase on Apple TV two weeks ago (two weeks PRIOR to DVD/BR release and K download date).

Obviously, this doesn't help with getting it on your K server but interesting nevertheless.

More studios are doing early digital releases to generate sales and to get a jump on the VOD rental market and a bigger jump on Netflix/Redbox.

It was a good proposition for me because I sat down on a Saturday night two weeks ago and wanted to watch Argo and gladly paid the "premium" to get to watch it early ($19.99 to "own" it, so I say premium because I planned on renting it)...and I didn't want to wait for fear of not having time prior to the Oscars this weekend. Win /Win

Does someone want to set a poll on if we will be able to download Warner Bros Cloud Atlas in Blu-Ray from the Kscape store when it becomes available May 14?

Cheers

Don't need a poll, the answer is "Yes.":)

Jim

I vote YES YES and YES.

And since this is Chicago, I vote again! :)

(oh wait this isn't Chicago- but Ill use their voting methods anyway!)

Jim is right. You don't need a poll. The answer is yes - Cloud Atlas will be available as a Blu-ray quality download on May 14.

Back