• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape launches movie download store

I tried a download day before yesterday. Works like a charm!! Very fast and sustained download speed.
The number of titles seem very very few or am I not navigating right way through the site?? I thought they will have 8000 titles from Warner. When I navigate through each Genre, there are only couple of dozen or so on each category??

Mani

Titles are being added everyday (it doesn't necessarily mean they will appear at the store right away), it will take some time to get all the titles into the download system.

Jim

great service, just as advertised. Did my first download: 7.1 Gb in under 23 min. FIOS maintained an average speed of 46.1 Mbps

ready for HD.....

I saw that as well, I want the Blu Ray version of Dark Knight Rises. Of course the BR is only a few bucks more on Amazon. K said there is a discount on the Blu Ray version later if you purchase the DVD version, right. But what kind of discount, and is it worth the wait...

And when will this be available to the civilised word as it seems only those in the US need apply?

Does anyone know anything about the SD to HD upgrade process yet for items procured via the Kstore?

The two questions I have is 1) Will this be a complete rebuy and 2) will we have two copies (one SD and one HD). Hopefully the answers are no and your choice of which one to download.

Cheers

Hopefully the store will be available in Europe next year.

Hopefully it'll be available to EVERYONE in the US next year. Doesn't look like we're all getting it THIS year, anyway. *sigh*

--Donnie

It seems to me one of the main issues with different territories is the different licensing requirements. I suspect in time we will see the store available to a wider audience.

I can understand why you would want it though. My brief review of the store is:

ITS GREAT. I cannot wait for more studio involvement and BR content. I have a 100mbps connection to the internet and I usually see about 80-90mbps on the speed test web sites. On the several DL's Ive done so far, I'm averaging just a tick over 40mbps and around 20 min 20 seconds per DL. Thats not bad at all. The quality is DVD. The interface is perfect. Its very well implemented- very typical for Kaleidescape. Very nicely done ladies and gentlemen.

Well, it seems it's somewhat silently "out of beta" as I was finally able to get in. Not sure when that happened as I haven't tried it in several days, but hey, I'm finally in. Looks good, and I bought a movie, though I didn't have to pay as I had *four* free credits. Not sure why I had four and not three, but who's complaining? :)

The only thing is yeah, we need BR and more studios. Apparently my collection is pretty extensive as there are VERY few movies in the store that I don't have, and if I don't have it there's a reason in general. So in 15 minutes of browsing I only found one to buy. Guess I better scour harder before my credits expire, huh?

Anyway, looks good. Just need more content!

--Donnie

Well, it seems it's somewhat silently "out of beta" as I was finally able to get in. Not sure when that happened as I haven't tried it in several days, but hey, I'm finally in. Looks good, and I bought a movie, though I didn't have to pay as I had *four* free credits. Not sure why I had four and not three, but who's complaining? :)

The only thing is yeah, we need BR and more studios. Apparently my collection is pretty extensive as there are VERY few movies in the store that I don't have, and if I don't have it there's a reason in general. So in 15 minutes of browsing I only found one to buy. Guess I better scour harder before my credits expire, huh?

Anyway, looks good. Just need more content!

--Donnie

Donnie,
There was an initial credit for one movie and then 3 today. That's why you have four.

Matt

You are correct, three of the credits expire next week.

Jim

A fantasy - Kscape inks a deal with Sony, making all of their content downloadable via the store in BR/DVD formats. Additionally, late 2013, kscape releases a 4K 3D player and the Sony / kscape store deal is expanded to allow 4K downloads!

While we are in fantasy land, let's just have Kaleidescape install a flux capacitor into their server and we can watch films before they are even produced. I am really looking forward to watching Lincoln 2.

Thats a great idea. I love the flux capacitor. I am waiting, however, for Apple to build the Flux Capacitor 5S before I buy one! ;)

Heres my more realistic fantasy- an updated K player that will decode the High Res audio formats at some point in the next 12-18 months.

A now that its finally here and most people have access... I'm curious how many use the store? I honestly find myself forgetting it exists... I think it would be wise to have the store built into the kOS UI.

A now that its finally here and most people have access... I'm curious how many use the store? I honestly find myself forgetting it exists... I think it would be wise to have the store built into the kOS UI.

Well, I use it for WB DVD titles, but honestly that's a very limited slice of the market. Of course, I bought a few titles to evaluate the process and assess the download process. They did a VERY nice job with the site. The MAJOR reason I like this idea though is that I can get B_R titles w/o the effective cost of an additional $20 for a M700 slot. Until they get B_R titles and additional studios playing along it will remain a novelty to me.

I like it that the iPad ap has a link to the store. I use this periodically to check whether Blu ray has been added. Once they add I will be using it fairly regularly.

John

Still not available it seems outside the US so not able to rave (or not!) just yet.

Back