• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape launches movie download store

I think I'll call it bleu-reigh because that looks even fancier!

Sacre bleu-reigh...... one might say if one lives in the rest of the world AKA 'Unsupported Terrority' i.e. NOT America.

Store looks good, the fact that it tells me that I already have disks in the store on my system even better so I don't duplicate items. Whilst I can pretend (using a VPN connection) that I and my system are elsewhere on or should that be in a cloud in America the non US credit card thwarts and actual purchases.

Ah well I will just have to remain on Amazon.com's 'christmas card list' a little longer for those American releases.

Hopefully once the store is out of Beta and BR quality downloads are available in the US there will be progress with making the store available in the "unloved" territories.

It would be nice to see some more studios on board but even at present there is plenty I would purchase if given the opportunity.

It's nice to find a few movies you've yet to purchase, however it's very difficult to by SD when HD is available. Was it not supposed to come out of beta in February?

True, but Apple started the process before K.;)

Jim

Heres a fun part about Apple TV and all streamers. Every now and then the service is not available. And every now and then when there is a weather event, broadband becomes unavailable. When the cord is cut, its a problem. I'm still a fan of K for movie buffs but for many the streamers are a great alternative.

Did anyone notice that in List view, the bluray title has been changed to bluray & HD? Not sure when this happened but maybe we're getting close

Yup, getting closer, there was a new software release last week.:)

Jim

I noticed the same thing last night and made the same comment to my wife. I also noticed it automatically put a couple of the kaleidescape hd content shows in there like the Kalahari one.

Great! I've been holding off watching the Hobbit. Hope it is soon

Also, there is now a "download" tab that has a section to track download progress and actions.

John

The Kaleidescape Store seems to be up and running

I just logged in and it no longer says beta. I purchased a movie and downloaded it..

Does one need an M-Series player to play HD content from the Kaleidescape store or will an HDMI enabled player like the KPlayer-5000 work?

I understand that you need an m-class player to watch downloaded HD content, but I was just thinking... (from a technical standpoint) why? A k-6000 is capable of displaying hd-content (Kalahari). Is it because of the audio limitations of the k-6000 and older players?

Back