• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies Anywhere

The Comcast thing still hasn't formally been announced yet. I was hopeful we might see K joining by the end of the year. Still sitting the bench while building my iTunes/MA library with my fingers crossed.

Hi All,

It is not up to Kaleidescape it is up to Disney. If/when they get added it will be when Disney says so not when Kaleidescape want to.

Seems to me that discussions between KScape and MA should have already happened. If the plan is to put it in somewhere down the line, fine, we do not need a date.

We NEED a "Yes we have been in contact with MA... We are on the list, and it WILL happen we just do not have a date yet."

or

"Yes we have been in contact with MA... And it does not appear that we will be integrating with that service."

Simple, this would then give a lot of us peace of mind so that we can purchase MA titles from the KScape store and EVENTUALLY have them available on other streaming services like iTunes / Vudu.

Without some sort of notice, it is very hard to buy MA titles from KScape at all. Period.

A significant loss of revenue for KScape and their policy of no longer talking with their clients!!!

K has already said that they have contacted MA and been told that they are negotiating with the large retailers first. Hence, K doesn’t yet know what the answer will be until MA is willing to talk.

At least that is my take reading between the lines.

John

It's not really fair to say that "K has already said..." when, you know, they haven't. It would indeed be nice if K provided actual details on what's going on with MA, so that reading between the lines wasn't necessary. It would be nice to know they had an actual commitment to adding MA rights, and that it came down to negotiations with MA. All I've seen from them is that it "may" be added in the future.

Because my reading between the lines is that adding MA rights doesn't necessarily benefit K. The exact opposite is entirely possible. As you may have noticed with the elimination of the Alto from the K lineup, and no disc drive planned for the Strato, we're getting closer and closer to the situation where, if you want to add a movie to your Kscape, it's got to be purchased from the K store.

Maybe that's what it takes for K to remain an ongoing enterprise. I don't know. If it is, then, it's something we'll have to accept if we want K to thrive. But, frankly, if that's the case, then I'd be happier if they just said it. We all want them to succeed. Just give us some clue as to what's going on.

MA relaunched Oct 12th, 2017... Originally, it was Disney Movies Anywhere and has been around since 2014.

So over a year has passed now with no official word from K!

The fact that you can buy DMA / MA movies on the KStore indicates that there is a relationship, has been a relationship!

We have all been patient, but it is time that someone provide us with an official update on the status of the integration with Movies Anywhere.

I agree. Some form of official communication is due. Universal has stopped providing UV for the most part and looks like other studios are following the same slowly.

If K is going to be a content island, I would like to know. I am buying movies on K store with the assumption MA will be added soon.

If MA will not be available, it will change my strategy and I am sure so will it for many others.

As much as I love the K interface and hate the discs, if the alternative is content island with K, I would prefer the safety of Discs with the portability of MA.

I do agree that some official communication is due from K.

I simply will not buy a movie that does not come with digital rights. And that goes for any retailer, not just K. In the last few years, we've seen the following EST retailers close down: CinemaNow, Flixster, Target Ticket, and K temporarily. Any purchases that did not have digital rights would be lost. When we have a system like Movies Anywhere (and UltraViolet), buying movies outside of it just doesn't make sense.

I don't intend to spread any rumors but today I noticed at least 6 movies which I know I bought at K - such a Lawrence appear in Movies Anywhere?
Does this mean K is now sending digital movies bought to Movies anywhere?
I know for sure the movies anywhere movies are not porting to K!!
If K is now porting to Movies anywhere that is super good news.
If someone can check - that will be good.

I would imagine all of those movies were Warner or Sony. They would port UV and then to MA. I am confident it is a very expensive proposition for one to join Movies Anywhere. I was more hoping that Vudu would partner or buy Kaliedescape and open a giany can of whoopass on Crapple TV

Xfinity has joined Movies Anywhere. You can now link your account: https://moviesanywhere.com/settings/connect

loIuiZV.png

Sweet. One more down. Hopefully one step closer to K. At this point, not sure who else would even be a contender to go in. The Sony Pictures movie store/PlayStation, perhaps?

Interesting how these rumors get started. It's not a leap at all to think K might be onboard with MA sometime this year considering there are 9 months to get it done. It might happen, but only K can tell us when, and I can say for certain that there is no word on this at all from K beyond what as already been posted by a couple of K employees. Not trying to sound self important here, I'm not, but I think I would know if it were imminent.....(but wouldn't bother me at all to be ignored, and have MA show up next week).

Jim

I really hope they get MA connected. I don't want to have to buy the same movie on more than once.

But WHY is Kaleidescape severing their UV connection early; ie before the official shutdown?

There could be additional title cleanup with UV between the Kaleidescape UV disconnection and the official UltraViolet shutdown.

Back