• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies Anywhere

It's been quiet on this for a while. Still my biggest make or break point to keeping and using my K vs. bailing out.

Any update? Even a still under negotiation? Maybe an our focus is on disconnecting UV first to enable another linkage? Just something hopeful, even if vague and noncommittal...

UV is now officially dead, at least with Kaleidescape.

Time to put out that secret press release we’ve all been waiting for.

Wondering

Now that it's been a few weeks of radio silence, I'm beginning to wonder if a Kscape/Movies Anywhere connection is coming or not. Even as a relatively new Kscape owner, the loss of functionality that comes from the closure of UV and no addition of MA is more than mildly disappointing.

Now that it's been a few weeks of radio silence, I'm beginning to wonder if a Kscape/Movies Anywhere connection is coming or not. Even as a relatively new Kscape owner, the loss of functionality that comes from the closure of UV and no addition of MA is more than mildly disappointing.

I've not heard anything officially but from what I understand MA will happen this year. I guess we'll gave to wait and see but I'm sure they recognize not having MA is a huge gap for customers. I don't see any reason why it won't happen.

It might be just the opposite, it might be that MA's work with Verizon to make that happen caused a delay in working with K.....(thinking out loud, no personal knowledge)

Jim

I think they’ve launched more than one storefront at a time before, haven’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to say it, but instead of buying movies through the KScape store, I'm finding myself more inclined to buy 4K discs again so I get the multi-platform viewing options that Movies Anywhere offers. I've used my disc player more in the past two months than I had in the year prior to the loss of UV functionality on Kaleidescape.

I'm hopeful that Kaleidescape will add Movies Anywhere compatibility soon as I'd much rather buy movies for KScape, but still want be able to watch them on mobile devices when traveling.

While it's a bit less of a concern, I also feel that Kscape's previous financial difficulties makes having a digital locker, like Movies Anywhere, a safer bet for my investment in movie purchases as well.

Sorry to say it, but instead of buying movies through the KScape store, I'm finding myself more inclined to buy 4K discs again so I get the multi-platform viewing options that Movies Anywhere offers. I've used my disc player more in the past two months than I had in the year prior to the loss of UV functionality on Kaleidescape.

I'm hopeful that Kaleidescape will add Movies Anywhere compatibility soon as I'd much rather buy movies for KScape, but still want be able to watch them on mobile devices when traveling.

While it's a bit less of a concern, I also feel that Kscape's previous financial difficulties makes having a digital locker, like Movies Anywhere, a safer bet for my investment in movie purchases as well.

Yea ......... like Ultraviolet was.

Remember the phrase "to big to fail"

Point taken jbm007, but I did say "safer," not safe. :)

Either way, I'm sure I'm not the only one anxiously waiting for Kaleidescape to become a full MA partner.

Having watched and partaked in this forum for over a year now, joining all the commentary together, it leans heavily that is not on K to choose when to join MA but more very much the other way round, MA themselves are driving the schedule. No idea what the situation surrounding K joining UV was, but assuming the business justification still stacks up then I can’t see why K wouldn’t choose to do it.

Either way though the whole digital locker thing is a bit of a misnomer. Literally only an hour ago did I receive an email from Flixster (UK) confirming what we already knew - that they are shutting down and have agreed a migration path to Google Play. All sounds good... until you look at the detail. Each movie has to be migrated individually - a PITA but ok, it is what it is. Then the best bit. One paragraph in the FAQ saying not all movies can be migrated due to licensing, regional stuff etc. But only a small percentage and they are very sorry, blah.

Amazingly you can sort by titles that cannot migrate, so I did, and I scrolled, and I scrolled, and I scrolled some more. That small % of my, just shy of 900, collection was actually at least 60% of the entire list :-O

Saving grace is that the majority of these I have in my K library and/or in my MA collection from prior UV replication. I’ll check the list when I have time, I’m sure there are some that have slipped through but I feel lucky in some ways. Some folk though... :-( MA isn’t officially in the UK and the majority don’t have K. Imagine waking up and finding 60% of your movie collection has been wiped out just like that and WB are “sorry” but that’s life, now pay up again. What a sad state of affairs! :-(

Last edited:
BTW, you raise a good point about streaming. Nowadays I very rarely watch something on the road because “it’s not the way it was intended”. However, sometimes it is very useful, particularly for the family. If MA doesn’t happen, I’d love to see the ability to “stream” films from K on the road. Yep I get this probably ain’t possible from a licensing and (current) infrastructure perspective but it would be mint to access the collection on the go - even if it isn’t at full bit rate - which you don’t actually “need” on an iPad anyways.

(Would help convince a few of my mates that ridicule me for my investment when they connect to their plex servers in restaurants in Spain and go “you spent how much and you can’t watch it here like I can”. Quality isn’t applicable to the majority, ease of access is. Legalities sadly aside too. I have another mate who literally consumes his films, legally, stood in his kitchen watching on his iPad Pro - regularly!)

Last edited:
Most of my family complaints have been around the lack of Disney movies. Just subscribed to Disney+. When it launches they all will be available to stream. This includes Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, etc.... Netflix also has a lot of movies as well as other services. Still want MA!

My movie purchases from kscape are showing up in MA. Anyone else getting this?

I think you are on to something.

I am starting to see the samething.

I have 400 movies now showing up.

One movie is 2001 in HDR and I know the only copy I have is from K

Woooo Hooooooooooo

Back