• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies Anywhere

How is that possible if you haven't associated an account in Kscape or MA or link them?

NO

Everything link to MA was from UV, VUDU, Amazon

I have at least 15 HDR movies showing up, and none of those were purchased anywhere else but from K

That came through UV i think, I am still around 608 movies, none of the recent purchases after UV ended have come up, SONY and Warner Populated heavily at the end.

Hope you are right though.

K is not listed as an MA partner nor would any linking occur without the MA user expressly linking the two accounts. How would MA know what to link to and how could they without your tacit permission?

Jbm007 - you’re a dealer posting this? Ummmm....

They prove that I own 4K HDR movies on Movies Anywhere

How did 4K HDR movies show up in my account all at once when the only place they were purchased from was K

If you have a answer for that I will listen

I am telling you what I am seeing in my account. Nothing more.

Hopefully there is some rational for what I am seeing.

They prove that I own 4K HDR movies on Movies Anywhere

How did 4K HDR movies show up in my account all at once when the only place they were purchased from was K

If you have a answer for that I will listen

I am telling you what I am seeing in my account. Nothing more.

Hopefully there is some rational for what I am seeing.

Were they movies you purchased prior to UV shutting down?

Ok. I too have 7 new 4k movies added. Did some digging.

Did those seeing new movies also get an email today from movies anywhere asking to keep your account up to date? And did you also click through all your partners to verify the sync?

I did. In the movies anywhere app, everything from Kaleidescape UV shows up as added today. I know Vudu has some type of agreement where they will still redeem UV codes. It appears to me the resync today had brought all uv rights over to MA, even if they were not in Vudu originally.

Kevin D.

Definitely something happening over at MA, but nothing that I can see linked to K.

@jbm007 - check your transaction history in MA, it will show you the activity and where the changes have originated.

I've got 33 titles which have ported from Vudu - though only in HD, though they all show in Vudu as UHD owned. Looks like they may have been updated there and transferred to MA. Hopefully the titles will change to the correct resolution, if not a quick call will be made to MA.

So I just logged into MA. Reconnected my Vudu, iTunes and Amazon Prime accounts with MA. Go to see what movies I have, and Lawrence of Arabia has shown up. I have never bought that title except when I first got a Kaleidescape Starto and it was pre-loaded with a number of other titles, and as far as I can remember, it never showed up in my old UV account.

Otherwise I'm not noticing any K titles appearing in MA.

Something else I just noticed in my Vudu account, under Account History:
Date Item Promotional Credits Vudu Account Gift Card
9/6/2019 Own The Shallows [UHD] -- -- --
9/6/2019 Own Lawrence of Arabia (Restored Version) [UHD] -- -- --
9/6/2019 Own Passengers (2016) [UHD] -- -- --

These 3 titles can pre-loaded on our Strato over a year ago, and I haven't been on my Vudu account in a couple months.

This appears to be UV catchup between services, as Tony pointed out earlier.

More fundamentally and more importantly, I dont see one MA title appearing in my K library

But I would be gleefully happy to be wrong...

Back