• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies Anywhere

I see the following retailers (in addition to K) that could potentially join MA:

• Verizon (they currently belong to UV)
  • Comcast/Xfinity
  • Cox
  • Redbox On Demand
  • Microsoft Movies & TV
  • Playstation Video

Considering they own Universal, which is an MA-content provider, odd that Comcast wouldn't be on the retailer side yet.

Cool that MA has a Twitter now. Didn't know that was there. I just tweeted (and suggest others) similar request both the K and MA handles asking for support. And do so regularly.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Indeed, plenty of good content on the store to enjoy beforehand.

MA isn't about the store getting more content, really. It's about having rights transfer in and out so you're paying $36.99 to own a movie on a small, niche content island and then having to buy it again for $4.99 - $19.99 at a MA vendor.

Done. Karin Gilford and Kevin Mayer look like good contacts at Disney. Karin runs Movies Anywhere, and it looks like she reports to Kevin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do we have emails or twitters for them?

That's wonderful news! I have a ton of Microsoft Rewards points that are burning a hole in my pocket. I've been saving them in the hopes that they would join MA.

Setting Bing as my default search will finally pay off! :)

Really need this for K which I assume would give us Disney titles? Purchasing Disney titles at a Premium from the store and not getting any digital rights is not good. SJ

This remains my big gating factor to buy into K. No way I can justify not having several titles I already own no porting in. It's untenable to me to consider re-buying content at that scale.

Given I'm in process of setting up a dedicated theater room with a projector, I no longer consider DV a big factor at the momem. Projectors only do HDR10 today.

Really need this for K which I assume would give us Disney titles? Purchasing Disney titles at a Premium from the store and not getting any digital rights is not good. SJ

I thought about this the other day. So when you buy a Disney movie or any movie in the K store are we waiving our digital rights? Do we have digital rights that should be transferable?

Interesting post.

Back