• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies Anywhere

It probably went up before it was supposed to.

I did notice that you can link a Fandango account (not FandangoNow-- but they function as one in the same for me) to the Disney Movies Redwards account Link (https://www.fandango.com/account/rewards?cid=0).

However, this does not port any of your "Digital Rights" to "Authorized Devices." Furthermore, it appears that Disney Movies Rewards apply points from movies stubs or physical disc purchases.

I think I understand some of the legal terminology, but most of it is sheltered from the consumer, and the digital rights and authorized devices appear to me in my words as 'the movies you pay money for' and the 'Kaleidescape system you own.'

It's only a matter of time! I am rooting for the people who work hard at the task of working with content providers and getting the licensing to sell on the Kaleidesacpe Store.

It looks like Movies Anywhere will be going live on FandangoNOW tomorrow. I'm really hoping they'll be additional studios or retailers announced as well.

UV needs to die. It’s the fastest way to get Lionsgate and Paramount and others in MA and get K into MA as well sooner than later.

Here's Karin Gilford of Movies Anywhere noting that additional retailers are coming this year. Perhaps KScape will be next...

“We continue to talk with all the additional content providers in the space,” Gilford said, adding that she’s “optimistic that they’ll join.”

Likewise, Movies Anywhere is talking to other digital retailers about joining the service.

“We are in talks with other retailers,” Gilford said. “We’re not ready to announce anyone else, but you can expect additional announcements in the retail space this year.”

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/movies-anywhere-adds-fandangonow/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, actually they have. It's just a matter of when. I think we're all just hoping for a status update: Stilling working on it, almost done, or we're not working on it anymore.

Hello all,

Yes, indeed, we’re absolutely aware of Movies Anywhere and have been following its development for some time. Because of how the technology is implemented, adding support for Movies Anywhere is not something we can do on our own. We require support from Movies Anywhere, and their focus for launch was understandably on the largest online retailers. We do plan to have support in the future, and we look forward to working with them.

In the meantime, UltraViolet continues to work just as it has. It’s worth noting that there are some differences between the two platforms. For example, some studios that support Movies Anywhere don’t support UltraViolet, and vice-versa. (Where they support both, generally your UltraViolet titles will also become Movies Anywhere titles.) Other differences: right now, Movies Anywhere supports SD and HD, but not UHD. It’s also US-only at this time.

We’ll have more to share at a later time.

I'll interpret Mike's answer to provide a "status update"......

-MA is new
-It is still being developed (meaning establishing accounts, and studio contracts)
-Limited, but growing support for content at MA
-Focused on large accounts for now (meaning not K)
-K is aware of the platform
-K would eventually like to work with MA
-K needs MA's support to gain access
-MA is not yet ready to work with smaller companies, like K

When K has more to share with us, they will.

I think that's all we will get for now, and no amount of pressure from owners is going to change that because that's all K knows at this point.

Jim

I'll interpret Mike's answer to provide a "status update"......

-MA is new
-It is still being developed (meaning establishing accounts, and studio contracts)
-Limited, but growing support for content at MA
-Focused on large accounts for now (meaning not K)
-K is aware of the platform
-K would eventually like to work with MA
-K needs MA's support to gain access
-MA is not yet ready to work with smaller companies, like K

When K has more to share with us, they will.

I think that's all we will get for now, and no amount of pressure from owners is going to change that because that's all K knows at this point.

Jim
Thanks for this clarification. It makes sense that MA would want to get the biggest digital retailers on board first. Now that Fandango has joined the ranks, which large retailers--other than Microsoft, Comcast, and Netflix---remain unsigned? And does anyone have a good source for market share amongst digital retailers?

Thanks for this clarification. It makes sense that MA would want to get the biggest digital retailers on board first. Now that Fandango has joined the ranks, which large retailers--other than Microsoft, Comcast, and Netflix---remain unsigned? And does anyone have a good source for market share amongst digital retailers?

Redbox and Verizon are a couple others that come to mind. Are there more?

Redbox and Verizon are a couple others that come to mind. Are there more?

I see the following retailers (in addition to K) that could potentially join MA:

• Verizon (they currently belong to UV)
  • Comcast/Xfinity
  • Cox
  • Redbox On Demand
  • Microsoft Movies & TV
  • Playstation Video

Sony’s Ultra service could as well.

I remain on the fence. Until this happens, I’m trying hard to hold my wallet closed to K. I have too much content in MA already to not have it port in.

I see the following retailers (in addition to K) that could potentially join MA:

• Verizon (they currently belong to UV)
  • Comcast/Xfinity
  • Cox
  • Redbox On Demand
  • Microsoft Movies & TV
  • Playstation Video
Is it fair to say that KScape is at the very bottom of the list in terms of market share?

Of the group mentioned by BillyG, I would think so.....

Jim

Back