• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies Anywhere

any word on how or if this affects grandfathering of Disney importing ?

Considering how Disney is overwatch on this new initiative, that is my fear, that sooner or later all store content (or all future store content) will require the HoMR.

Does anyone have any clue whether there are any plans to roll outMovies Anywhere outside the US - i.e. selfishly in the UK?

I think that since it is planned to replace ultraviolet eventually that it will eventually be avail even every where that ultraviolet is

Does anyone have any clue whether there are any plans to roll outMovies Anywhere outside the US - i.e. selfishly in the UK?

It is planned to be global. However, I'm in the UK and have been using it since release day. Tunnel*cough*Bear ;)

I think that since it is planned to replace ultraviolet eventually that it will eventually be avail even every where that ultraviolet is

It was never planned to replace UV, it is a competitor to UV from a completely different company. It *might* become more popular and therefore we see UV slowly fade away but until then UV will still be around.

It is planned to be global. However, I'm in the UK and have been using it since release day. Tunnel*cough*Bear ;)

Hi pal - what you using to watch (Shield?). How are you finding the quality, is it restricted to HD, or is that based on the hardware/app?

Any updates on Movies anywhere and K? It would be fantastic if they join MA as that would end the woes for the UV mess.

Same. CES coming up. Good time for some announcements. ��

MA could finally put me over the edge in buying a Strato.

Guys, I'm sure you can appreciate signing a deal of this magnitude will take some time (just like adding new studios to the store). It is 100% in Kaleidescape's plans but they are forced to jump through many hoops and are doing everything they can. Please give them time.

Why would MA push you over the edge for buying a Strato?

The reason I ask is because I have MA, iTunes, UV, Vudu, Sony Pictures, WB, Fandango all linked together. If I buy on any platform other than iTunes I get it on Kaleidescape (as long as it has UV rights). Likewise, if I buy on Kaleidescape it distributes to all other platforms.

Therefore, I am confused why you would be waiting for Kaleidescape to get on board with MA in order to purchase a Strato. It will just be a bonus for the iTunes/Kaleidescape store compatibility.

Same. CES coming up. Good time for some announcements.

I'm curious, has K ever announced anything at CES?

Why would MA push you over the edge for buying a Strato?

I think that's pretty obvious. You would have access to movies that you've already purchased on other platforms, which is the whole point of MA. Fox & Disney are two major studios whose digital rights are not currently supported on K.

I think that's pretty obvious. You would have access to movies that you've already purchased on other platforms, which is the whole point of MA. Fox & Disney are two major studios whose digital rights are not currently supported on K.

Sorry, I didn't think of the people out there with past purchases. I was only thinking about present and future purchases.

Not that I can remember. Most major announcements have been at Cedia. Also, Kaleidescape is not listed as an exhibitor for CES this year.

John

MA makes the difference for me because it brings in portable movies from Disney and Fox. It won’t be long before Paramount and Lionsgate join MA as well. I’ve somthing like 850 movies in iTunes. Yes, many are in my uv locker too but not as many and not newer content.

K doing UV and MA brings my full wash of content over without rebuying. In conjunction, I want to see Lionsgate and Disney go UHD HDR in the K store.

Here's an article with some updates on Movies Anywhere. Looks like mostly good news. Hopefully K will be joining soon, along with Paramount and Lionsgate.

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/movies-anywhere-3-million-hours-1202662876

• 80 Million movies stored in owners lockers
  • 3 Million hours of content streamed since launch
“As the app continues to gain traction, consumers can expect to see the integration of new partners and a continued evolution of product features that serve them in unprecedented ways,”

It's been ~3 months since MA went live. I'm sure they were busy fixing issues and supporting customers at launch. Having jumped on board day one and merging multiple content libraries, there was a lot to sort out for them. Then the holidays of course.

I would expect new things to start happening quickly in this new year. Good to see definitive statements from them in that regard.

Interesting to note that some of the movies now come with only MA inserts and not UV. Hope K makes an announcement soon about joining MA. If K is part of MA, I know whatever I buy will be available for streaming outside of K as well, especially during travel.

Given the new interface, it would lead to more impulse buy if K were part of MA. Otherwise, we have to sort through what is UV, what is MA, which of them is an island etc., which leads to more friction as well as less buy from K.

Wish they would announce something soon, even if it is only that they are working on it.

Back