• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

KEAOS (Software) UPDATES

8.9.x (on Premiere) were primarily bug-fix releases with no user-visible changes. We did improve support for PCM audio output.

10.13.x (on Strato/Terra/etc) have been similarly primarily related to bug fixes, along with improved support for PCM audio output. We also:
  • As previously noted, added more details about the currently playing movie to the Playback Options overlay (accessed by pressing Info during playback)
  • Made some improvements in how the rental expiration is shown for rented content
  • Fixed an issue that caused the check mark next to the currently playing song in the Songs overlay to not advance as playback moves on to another song on content with Songs
  • Made a change so that movies will be automatically stopped if left paused for over an hour. Having players left with paused content was blocking the system from entering an idle state that allows for software updates and certain other data update activity.
Both software branches have also had quite a bit of under-the-hood work going on to lay the groundwork for forthcoming features, so stay tuned for good things coming.

8.9.x (on Premiere) were primarily bug-fix releases with no user-visible changes. We did improve support for PCM audio output.

10.13.x (on Strato/Terra/etc) have been similarly primarily related to bug fixes, along with improved support for PCM audio output. We also:
  • As previously noted, added more details about the currently playing movie to the Playback Options overlay (accessed by pressing Info during playback)
  • Made some improvements in how the rental expiration is shown for rented content
  • Fixed an issue that caused the check mark next to the currently playing song in the Songs overlay to not advance as playback moves on to another song on content with Songs
  • Made a change so that movies will be automatically stopped if left paused for over an hour. Having players left with paused content was blocking the system from entering an idle state that allows for software updates and certain other data update activity.
Both software branches have also had quite a bit of under-the-hood work going on to lay the groundwork for forthcoming features, so stay tuned for good things coming.
I will say I have noticed an issue with my M500 connected to a Sony OLED display. After approx 30 days of standby time I will turn on the player and the screen will be pink (missing a color in the signal). The only way to fix is a reboot of the player.

I’ve tested and can confirm the issue persists with both direct connection and with my Extron SSP200 connected in the HDMI chain.

Other than that player has been working just fine for many years.

I have the pink problem with the oppo 103d and the sony a90j 83 but not with the oppo 203, it could be the m500 and the 103 use the same chip.

The Premiere players do not output bitstream audio when the selected output resolution is SD. For example, if I am watching an SD resolution movie and the video output is 480i, the audio output is PCM 5.1 instead of Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1. If I watch the same SD movie but this time the Premiere player outputting 1080p, the audio is correctly bitstream as Dolby Digital 5.1. Is this the correct behavior?

You were the first person I thought of when I read the announcement. I’m cautiously hopeful.
I can understand that.

If these upcoming changes are substantive and demonstrate that Kaleidescape is actually listening to their customers, I will be way more than pleased - and a new super supporter. And am confident that at least one individual I know who feels as I do about the lack of enhancements will finally become a Kaleidescape client.

BUT, being "cautiously optimistic" I just hope it's not the following:
Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 9.11.11 AM.png

I can understand that.

If these upcoming changes are substantive and demonstrate that Kaleidescape is actually listening to their customers, I will be way more than pleased - and a new super supporter. And am confident that at least one individual I know who feels as I do about the lack of enhancements will finally become a Kaleidescape client.

BUT, being "cautiously optimistic" I just hope it's not the following:
View attachment 3181
I think you’ve made your point a few times. 😆 ”Insert beating a dead horse gif”….

I used the Charlie/Lucy example because some time ago (2.5 years to be exact) I received a private email from someone high in K telling me they were making great progress and would be turning Kaleidescape into a more competitive company, by delivering a more competitive service and product line.

As a result, I quit complaining. But since then, NOTHING. So, while you may see it as beating a dead horse, I don't. That said, I am so very hopeful that this time, Lucy won't yank the ball away!!

Back