• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

DIY fixing issues with hardware and D2D

Are you getting any fault messages on the front display?
My first step would be to get in the lower tray and check all of the connectors and look for any other obvious defects.
There are about 5 connectors at the front side behind the front face that you can see without removing the upper tray. Check those first
Otherwise, you might want to call tech support and ask if they have any experience with this issue.

Are you getting any fault messages on the front display?
My first step would be to get in the lower tray and check all of the connectors and look for any other obvious defects.
There are about 5 connectors at the front side behind the front face that you can see without removing the upper tray. Check those first
Otherwise, you might want to call tech support and ask if they have any experience with this issue.
No fault codes at all.

Check out this post and see if it helps.

I manually removed all discs, did a hard power restart, and let it go through the process of reverifying all 320 empty slots. When that finished, I inserted one disc into the unit. It ingested it, spun around, ingested it into the OOD, identified it and ejected it from the OOD. So the mechanicals actually all seem to be working. The disc showed up in the browser interface as identified with the correct information. But when I tried to eject it from the Vault, I started getting 107 errors and restarting the vault didn't work. It would ingest the disc into the OOD, eject it back into the carousel and repeat this process several times. I cleaned the disc before starting this process. Is it possible I have a dirty laser in the drive? Is there a way to clean it?

I manually removed all discs, did a hard power restart, and let it go through the process of reverifying all 320 empty slots. When that finished, I inserted one disc into the unit. It ingested it, spun around, ingested it into the OOD, identified it and ejected it from the OOD. So the mechanicals actually all seem to be working. The disc showed up in the browser interface as identified with the correct information. But when I tried to eject it from the Vault, I started getting 107 errors and restarting the vault didn't work. It would ingest the disc into the OOD, eject it back into the carousel and repeat this process several times. I cleaned the disc before starting this process. Is it possible I have a dirty laser in the drive? Is there a way to clean it?
It's a possibility that there could be a problem with the drive or a sensor. You can go to the Kaleidescape.com website and do a search in the support section for cleaning and testing the drives.
Otherwise, maybe one of the other guys may have some other ideas.
Good luck

You are correct that those "metal pieces" you described are there to move the disc into the rollers, and I've had a couple of clients with the same problem. Not sure if the guidance has changed (it's been a year+), but they both had to opt for an out-of-warranty replacement after checking with Support. If that is the case, the cost is $2,495 and you'd have to return the defective Vault to K per an RMA.

Someone here might have found a fix on their own, but if not and the OOW replacement works for you, contact your dealer for help in processing the replacement. You should also contact Support for their comment on your specific Vault.

Jim

It sounds like the laser in the optical drive is working fine based on your comment that the test disc was injested and identified correctly. If you did ever want to clean the ODD, try inserting and ejecting a lens-cleaner disc (the ones with the tiny bristles) a few times to knock off any dust/lint that may have built up.

Based on your other symptoms (mainly that discs are not pushed up into the exit rollers), there may be a failure with the kicker motor. This is a device under the carousel deck and it is what drives the “kickers” to gently lift a disc into the rollers. There isn’t much to the kickers themselves, but without the motor, they don’t do a whole lot as you’ve experienced. I’ve never replaced a kicker motor, but do know you need to remove the carousel and lower deck to gain access. Your best solution is probably the out-of-warranty replacement with K support that Jim mentioned.

Good luck,
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth; I sold a non-working M-700 for parts to @kirkreid here on the forum back in early November.
He may be interested in selling you the parts you need.
It's worth a try.
Chris

You should definitely reach out to our Support team. There are likely some revealing errors in your system's logs that they could dig into.

You should definitely reach out to our Support team. There are likely some revealing errors in your system's logs that they could dig into.
Thanks, John. The support team made me aware of the buy back program and I will be returning my KV700 to them shortly. I will use the movie credit they are giving to buy the HD download for the discs that I haven't already done that for and for the few other classic movies or concert blurays I have that aren't available from the store I will watch these through my M500, Oppo 205, or rip them to my NAS and use Plex. So I really won't need to replace the KV700, although they have rebuilt models available.

I did tear mine down to get to the control boards underneath. I could see no visual problems like fried resistors or exploded capacitors but it does appear that the kicker motor is no functioning on my unit. No spare parts are available for me to replace it, so returning was the only real option. I'm happy with how your company is handling this. And I'm already thinking about what to do with the 5U of space I just freed up in my rack! ;-)

I have several M300 players that wont power up but power supply is good. Any DIY fix options to look into restoring power back to players?

I am not sure if this deserves a separate post due to thread's age, but I found some of the information on this thread helpful but have a few follow-up questions.

My M500 player "died"; meaning it would not respond to a power on request. Unplugging it for 15 minutes appeared to let the power supply "reset" (as this thread led me to said intel) and the player now powers on - functions fine.

Question 1: Is this a simple one-off or is this a sign of a failing power supply?

Question 2: Kscape used to sell common part kits for Premier components for customer installation. I had acquired one for my 3U a few years back. Since the Premier line seems to be down to a single supported component, is this still the case and if so, for what components (e.g. M500, M700, 1U, 3U)?

Question 3: I see that some are sending power supplies that are in no longer available in grey market for refurbishing. I have another component (Berkline H/T recliners) where the power supply is, as I read in this thread, "kaput." What luck has the community had and related cost in getting power supplies refurbished and would offer recommendations for a certain vendor?

Thanks

1. ?
2. There are some work arounds for 1U servers, I ended up using a MIcro power supply and an external power brick, not elegant but it is simple and works. For 3U's it is more difficult and there have been some replacement PSU's available from Kaleidescape but not sure if they are still available but they were unavailable at one time. In one of my old 3U servers I was able to replace the PSU with an off the shelf PSU of the same power but had to make a very small modification to the wiring harness for the drive plane whereas for the 1U no changes are needed.
3. I tried the PSU refurb route but had no success hence trying (and succeeding) with the above.

All of the above are at your own risk and not a recommendation but if they are dead and you feel competent then........

Replacement PSU's are available from K for the 3U.

Jim

I believe they can be purchased with or without the fans. Unless something has changed, replacements are processed through the dealer with Support involved because these can only be purchased on an "as needed" basis (meaning the 3U needs a new PSU). They are not for sale as a back-up to a working 3U.

Jim

My M700 has a Sony Optiarc BD-5850H Blu-Ray drive.

Another possible drive replacement for those looking for a drive.

What drive(s) have any of you used in a DV700 or M700?

What does the SVC-KIT-0080 include besides the drive?

Thanks

M300 HDMI Problem
I have a problem with my KPLAYER M300-A and i postet it a time ago but i have no solution.
When I start the player i see the Kaleidescape Logo for a few seconds on the screen connected via HDMI but then the screen stays black. The player is running normally and i can configure it via webinterface from my 1U Server. The front light is blue. If i connect the player via component i see the menu. What can i do? Maybe the HDMI socket defective? I testet it with several TVs. But all the same. Also changed the Video Mode via Webinterface but nothing changed. IMG_5025.jpg

If you're getting video output at any point that's not the issue, it MUST be software related.

I would suggest doing a factory reset of the player, if that doesn't help, it would be something I would contact your dealer about, and see if he can open a ticket with Kscape.

Back