• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

DIY fixing issues with hardware and D2D

How can i factory reset the player?
At startup the Kaleidescape Logo is in lower resulution. It could be a EDID Handshake problem?

There is a small pinhole on the rear of the player. Use a paperclip/pin inserted for a few seconds while the player is powered On.

From K:

With the exception of the Kaleidescape 1U Server, all in-production products sold by Kaleidescape have a pinhole reset button located on the rear panel. To activate the reset button, insert a paperclip in the pinhole, and then press and hold. The indicator on the right side of the network connector starts blinking. Release the reset button. The player then restarts with the factory default DHCP setting and removes a static IP configuration. If a static IP address was set for use with a control system, the control system may lose communication with the player. Images showing the exact location of the reset button for each product can be found below.

Strato System

Strato Movie Player

On Kaleidescape Strato, the network reset button is located next to the SERVICE port on the rear panel.

servlet.ImageServer

Alto Movie Player
On Kaleidescape Alto, the network reset button is located between the HDMI and ANALOG sections on the rear panel. The reset button also restores all audio and video settings to the defaults.

Terra Movie Server
On Kaleidescape Terra server, the network reset button is located next to the SERVICE port on the rear panel.
servlet.ImageServer

Disc Server
On the Kaleidescape Disc Server, the network reset button is located to the left of the NETWORK section on the rear panel.

Premiere System

M300 / M500 / M700 Player

servlet.ImageServer

On M-Class players including the M700 Disc Vault, the network reset button is located in the blue AUDIO section of the rear panel to the left of the red RCA analog audio connector.

DV700 Disc Vault
On the DV700 Disc Vault, the network reset button is located to the left of the NETWORK section on the rear panel.
servlet.ImageServer

Cinema One

On Cinema One (2ng generation), the network reset button is located between the HDMI and ANALOG sections on the rear panel. The reset button also restores all audio and video settings to the defaults.
servlet.ImageServer

Jim

ok, but the reset is only for the DHCP/IP Setting or as factory reset for the whole player with all settings?

Yes, it should reset settings, but it does not delete content (in Servers or Strato w/storage), that you will have to do manually.

Jim

The splash screen (where you see the K logo) is at a lower resolution (either 480p or 720p... I cannot recall exactly) and then, depending on the information read from the TV (the EDID), the player will change to a higher resolution. There is a chance that a display or cable, or something else in the HDMI path (simplify it if you haven't) cannot handle whatever resolution is being output (and thus you see black). Then again, if you tried multiple TVs (and I assume multiple HDMI cables???) there could be a problem with the player. Contact K support (or your dealer) and see if they can help identify the issue.

Good luck!
Andy

You didn't by any chance have this player set up Co-Star paired with a Strato, did you?

Too strange but I have the same "issue" on one of mine and yes, it was part of co-star system. Guessing that is "part of the problem" @MikeKobb ?

I was thinking that if it hadn't been un-paired, it might be booting into paired-player mode. The reset button would resolve that. I believe just a brief press will take the player out of paired mode without affecting any other settings.

Hmm. The only other thought I have is to wonder if the player is set to an output format that is not supported by the display.

hmmm. I'll try some things this end over the weekend and report back - hopefully fix it for all 3 of us at least :)

Hi, I never got to look at this - sorry. @denizp did you ever get it resolved at all? Thanks.

Also, following up is there an easy way to do so for 3u k-5000 servers? Specifically, resetting from static ip to DHCP.

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry. I can't seem to find the pinhole as mentioned. Do you have an image/screenshot where you can show me where it is?

Thanks!

Mike

I no longer have a 3U Server to double-check, but I'm confident (probably 99.9%) that it does not have a pinhole reset button. If my recollection is correct, the only Premiere devices to have that button were the M-class players (M300, M500, M700).

If you need to get the static IP address (in order to configure a laptop on the same network), you can ask K support to provide the last known IP address. Keep in mind, if the address was changed after the server went offline, then you'll need to perform a serial capture to get the IP address.

Good luck,
Andy

Any idea which drives would work to replace the UT Technology UBS-003 in the Alto / Cinema1 2G ?
Mine is still pretty good, but having leads on a spare is always good.

K Support told me their service kit is $400, but they don't have any in stock, and no lead time either.

I think a member found a replacement online from a 3rd party, but I don't recall the thread. Our search capabilities leave a lot to be desired unfortunately, and folks don't always post a separate thread when they find a replacement part (which I usually request to make it easier to locate).

I'll start a separate thread where members can post replacement parts info.

Jim

I think a member found a replacement online from a 3rd party, but I don't recall the thread. Our search capabilities leave a lot to be desired unfortunately, and folks don't always post a separate thread when they find a replacement part (which I usually request to make it easier to locate).

I'll start a separate thread where members can post replacement parts info.

Jim
Thanks for starting the 'Replacement Parts Thread'. Unfortunately the 3rd party "UT Technology UBS-003" for the Alto/C1 G2 that a user found didn't show up in there. I've had no luck searching site. Checking to see if you or anyone have any solutions for replacing this drive?

Back