• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

4K HDR Titles in K Store Missing Immersive Audio (Dolby Atmos/DTS:X)

I think the list was started BEFORE Lionsgate was added in 4K and as titles are added to the store they get deleted off.

The list is correct - these are 4K titles on disc with immersive audio that are not available with immersive audio in 4K on the store. I just thought I would break this out in light of Cheena’s post on the subject.

Sorry if I have confused anyone.

John

No worries and no need for apologies @JohnJ.

Thanks @MAttHEATLifer - so effectively in light of the thread title - shouldn't have been on the list? - it was that that confused me - not a difficult task I might add ;):)

I'm hoping K comes up with a way to better inform owners when these movies update audio (or other updates). I have several friends that don't bother with Pre-orders because they don't know what version they'll get on release date, and they don't want the PITA of deleting and re-importing the same movie just to add better audio. They also argue they don't want to watch the same movie twice in a short period just to experience the better audio, so they wait to see if the content released matches the disc based version. If it doesn't, they wait awhile to see if it updates, if it doesn't update, and the missing feature is important to them, they buy the physical disc.

Hopefully K can come up with a way to convey these updates to owners, it would certainly make it easier to keep up with these updates. (Maybe a separate category under the "Manage" option, or a new filter added to the movies section???)

Jim

I'm hoping K comes up with a way to better inform owners when these movies update audio (or other updates). I have several friends that don't bother with Pre-orders because they don't know what version they'll get on release date, and they don't want the PITA of deleting and re-importing the same movie just to add better audio. They also argue they don't want to watch the same movie twice in a short period just to experience the better audio, so they wait to see if the content released matches the disc based version. If it doesn't, they wait awhile to see if it updates, if it doesn't update, and the missing feature is important to them, they buy the physical disc.

Hopefully K can come up with a way to convey these updates to owners, it would certainly make it easier to keep up with these updates. (Maybe a separate category under the "Manage" option, or a new filter added to the movies section???)

Jim

That’s exactly what I do right now and fully agree with the way I think all the owners would like to be and I am sure that K will make this possible and more eye on PVOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim

It would be nice if Cheena’s list would include a look-ahead to new releases. If I knew a new release was eventually going to get immersive audio, I would hold off on ever buying the physical disc and just wait for the K version of the movie with updated audio.

John

You're not alone John, I've heard that comment from several owners.

To be clear on my end, I'm not putting the lack of immersive audio on some new releases on Kaleidescape, I know they can only release what they are given, and they update as soon as possible. I don't think K knows the timing of these audio update releases, so doubt there is a way to provide advanced notice of a title that will be updated, but it would be helpful if they could provide running list somewhere in the Store that indicates which movies received audio (or other) updates. That would at least make the process of updating these movies easier. (of course it would be even better if there were a way to automate this process so the movie updates in our system automatically.)

Jim

Agree with you here completely Jim. What if they include the new audio release/update in the notification section of the new app? I found the new app is awesome and it is generating more activity for me in the store.

Good point, even for those that don't regularly use the App, they could still check it for updates.

Jim

You're not alone John, I've heard that comment from several owners.

To be clear on my end, I'm not putting the lack of immersive audio on some new releases on Kaleidescape, I know they can only release what they are given, and they update as soon as possible. I don't think K knows the timing of these audio update releases, so doubt there is a way to provide advanced notice of a title that will be updated, but it would be helpful if they could provide running list somewhere in the Store that indicates which movies received audio (or other) updates. That would at least make the process of updating these movies easier. (of course it would be even better if there were a way to automate this process so the movie updates in our system automatically.)

Jim

Jim and other respected forum members,

We are working on features to make it really easy and have little to no effort on your part to replace movies on your system that have been improved in both audio or video. For example, when the Dolby Atmos or DTS:X soundtrack is made available for the 4K titles. We understand that for the experience to be good, this benefit needs to be driven as part of our movie service, and not a product feature.

Don't ask me for the time, please. Rest assured that we think this is an important feature.

Cheena

Removed many Lionsgate titles from list

Added

Mama Mia! Here We Go Again (Atmos)
Skyscraper (Atmos)
The Fast and the Furious (DTS-X)
2 Fast 2 Furious (DTS-X)
Fast and Fueious: Tokyo Drift (DTS-X)
BlacKkKlansman (Atmos)
Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom (DTS-X)
The Big Lebowski (DTS-X)
The First Purge (DTS-X)
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Atmos)
The Darkest Minds (Atmos)
The Predator (Atmos)
Red Sparrow (Atmos)

Excited for the list of titles that will be upgraded and those that will never be upgraded...

Sorry for the delay in updating the list, I think I got them all, let me know if I forgot any and I will add them...

I promised a list, but I don't have a MAttHEATLifer on staff to follow through, but we've been working.

1. Update on one major studio whose 4K HDR titles don't have immersive audio on our service: This studio is meticulous with details. They don't do one-offs. They don't play favorites when it comes to technology. So, we can't receive separate files for us to put these together. We are told that they realize how important immersive audio is and that all their titles will receive this support, and that this is currently in the test phase internally. I can't give any more information than that.

2. We continue to work with the last major studio on the importance of immersive audio and there are some internal discussions. I can't give any more information than that.

3. Lionsgate

Cabin in Woods (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Conan Barbarian (Atmos) Coming 2019
Divergent (X:DTS) No
Divergent Series: Insurgent (Atmos) Coming 2019
Divergent Series: Allegiant (Atmos) Coming 2019
Dredd (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
God’s of Egypt (X:DTS) Coming 2019
Jigsaw (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Kick-Ass (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Last Witch Hunter (X:DTS) On Kaleidescape service
Legend of Hercules (Atmos) Coming 2019
Mechanic: Resurrection (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Red (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Red 2 (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Saban’s Power Rangers (Atmos) Coming 2019
Snitch (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (DTS:X) No
Warm Bodies (Atmos) On Store
Warrior (Atmos) On Store
First Bood Coming 2019
Rambo Coming 2019
Rambo III Coming 2019

4. Paramount Pictures

A Quiet Place (Atmos) No, Lossless 7.1 in the future
Braveheart (Atmos) No
Daddy’s Home (X:DTS) No
Gladiator (X:DTS) No, Lossless 7.1 in the future
Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation (Atmos) No
Mission: Impossible Fallout (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service, Lossless 7.1 in the future
Transformers (Atmos) No
Transformers: Revenge of Fallen (Atmos) No
Transformers: Dark of Moon (Atmos) No
Arrival (DTS-HD MA 7.1) No
Jack Reacher (DTS-HD MA 7.1) No

5. Sony Pictures

Bad Boys (Atmos) Coming 2019
Bad Boys II (Atmos) Coming 2019
DaVinci Code (Atmos) Coming 2019
A Few Goid Men (Atmos) Coming 2019
Labyrinth (Atmos) Coming 2019
Leon: Professional (has Atmos on UHD but not HDR)(Atmos) No
Men in Black (Atmos) Coming 2019
Men in Black III (Atmos) Coming 2019
Philadelphia Coming 2019

6. Warner Bros.

Paddington 2 (Atmos) No
Matrix (Atmos) No
Accountant (DTS-HD MA 7.1) No
Storks (DTS-HD MA 7.1) No

No implies that we don't have the assets to work with.

It might be more effective to have a meeting with MAttHEATLifer every other week so he or she can provide you all with a more timely update.

Cheena

Thanks for posting Cheena, I know the members appreciate the updates.

Jim

Thanks for the update Cheena. Very much appreciated. Just a clarification request.

Does No mean the assets are not currently with K, but K may get them in future or does it mean, there are no assets and so no way to get immersive audio on these titles ever?

I promised a list, but I don't have a MAttHEATLifer on staff to follow through, but we've been working.

1. Update on one major studio whose 4K HDR titles don't have immersive audio on our service: This studio is meticulous with details. They don't do one-offs. They don't play favorites when it comes to technology. So, we can't receive separate files for us to put these together. We are told that they realize how important immersive audio is and that all their titles will receive this support, and that this is currently in the test phase internally. I can't give any more information than that.

2. We continue to work with the last major studio on the importance of immersive audio and there are some internal discussions. I can't give any more information than that.

3. Lionsgate

Cabin in Woods (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Conan Barbarian (Atmos) Coming 2019
Divergent (X:DTS) No
Divergent Series: Insurgent (Atmos) Coming 2019
Divergent Series: Allegiant (Atmos) Coming 2019
Dredd (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
God’s of Egypt (X:DTS) Coming 2019
Jigsaw (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Kick-Ass (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Last Witch Hunter (X:DTS) On Kaleidescape service
Legend of Hercules (Atmos) Coming 2019
Mechanic: Resurrection (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Red (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Red 2 (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Saban’s Power Rangers (Atmos) Coming 2019
Snitch (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (DTS:X) No
Warm Bodies (Atmos) On Store
Warrior (Atmos) On Store
First Bood Coming 2019
Rambo Coming 2019
Rambo III Coming 2019

4. Paramount Pictures

A Quiet Place (Atmos) No, Lossless 7.1 in the future
Braveheart (Atmos) No
Daddy’s Home (X:DTS) No
Gladiator (X:DTS) No, Lossless 7.1 in the future
Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation (Atmos) No
Mission: Impossible Fallout (Atmos) On Kaleidescape service, Lossless 7.1 in the future
Transformers (Atmos) No
Transformers: Revenge of Fallen (Atmos) No
Transformers: Dark of Moon (Atmos) No
Arrival (DTS-HD MA 7.1) No
Jack Reacher (DTS-HD MA 7.1) No

5. Sony Pictures

Bad Boys (Atmos) Coming 2019
Bad Boys II (Atmos) Coming 2019
DaVinci Code (Atmos) Coming 2019
A Few Goid Men (Atmos) Coming 2019
Labyrinth (Atmos) Coming 2019
Leon: Professional (has Atmos on UHD but not HDR)(Atmos) No
Men in Black (Atmos) Coming 2019
Men in Black III (Atmos) Coming 2019
Philadelphia Coming 2019

6. Warner Bros.

Paddington 2 (Atmos) No
Matrix (Atmos) No
Accountant (DTS-HD MA 7.1) No
Storks (DTS-HD MA 7.1) No

No implies that we don't have the assets to work with.

It might be more effective to have a meeting with MAttHEATLifer every other week so he or she can provide you all with a more timely update.

Cheena

Back