• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

4K HDR Titles in K Store Missing Immersive Audio (Dolby Atmos/DTS:X)

@MAttHEATLifer - you can add Pacific Rim:Uprising (Dolby Atmos on disc, DTS-HD MA 5.1 on K) to the ever increasing list of titles that seldom seems to be revisited to upgrade audio :mad::(

Added

A Quiet Place (Atmos)
Jack Reacher (DTS-HD MA 7.1)
Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation (Atmos)

The list keeps growing and it is frustrating to put it mildly. I know the studios are responsible for providing the format, but at the end of the day, I did not buy studios experience. I bought K experience which promised but for bit parity with discs.

The number of movies not on parity with discs is growing and it shows no signs of closing the gap. Even movies like matrix and quiet place are not immersive. This is totally unacceptable.

What is K plan for getting the movies updated? Do they have a regular follow up schedule with studios to get them updated? Any specific timelines? We will provide it if the studios give it to us is not acceptable. What are you doing to get the studios to give it to you?

Given the amount of investment in K, I am sure everyone would like this addressed. Once again frustrated beyond measure.
If I was only interested In video without immersive audio, I would have just used Apple TV. Their 4K HDR is excellent even when compared to discs. Where they miss out is with audio. If apple had bit for bit audio with their current quality of video, I would switch in a heartbeat.

What is being done by K to get this issue resolved?

The list keeps growing and it is frustrating to put it mildly. I know the studios are responsible for providing the format, but at the end of the day, I did not buy studios experience. I bought K experience which promised but for bit parity with discs.

The number of movies not on parity with discs is growing and it shows no signs of closing the gap. Even movies like matrix and quiet place are not immersive. This is totally unacceptable.

What is K plan for getting the movies updated? Do they have a regular follow up schedule with studios to get them updated? Any specific timelines? We will provide it if the studios give it to us is not acceptable. What are you doing to get the studios to give it to you?

Given the amount of investment in K, I am sure everyone would like this addressed. Once again frustrated beyond measure.
If I was only interested In video without immersive audio, I would have just used Apple TV. Their 4K HDR is excellent even when compared to discs. Where they miss out is with audio. If apple had bit for bit audio with their current quality of video, I would switch in a heartbeat.

What is being done by K to get this issue resolved?

+1 on this subject. It would be nice to get some 'official' feedback on what is happening with those titles that still have to receive an 'Atmos/DTS:X' upgrade - @MikeKobb

Should we make notes on 4k movies where immersive is included in the HD release? In case you want to download both versions?

I know A Quiet Place and Atomic Blond are in that list.

Kevin D.

Add

Deadpool 2
Bad Boys I
Bad Boys II

to the burgeoning list, though in fairness the Lionsgate titles need a bit of a tidy up.

- 3:10 to Yuma
- The Lincoln Lawyer
- Men in Black II

Should be removed as well. Thanks

OK, I've been following this thread for months, wondering what you guys have been yammering on about. I am so in love with my 4K/HDR projector, I couldn't imagine my theater getting better.

Then last night, my installer hooked up four little (well, 6.5 inch...:D) round speakers in my ceiling.

O.M.G. Watched a scene from John Wick 2, a scene from Baby Driver, and my daughter's favorite scene in the entire library, the Groundhog driving scene in Groudhog Day. (Not too bad for a quadruped!)

I get it now. Please issue me my torch and pitchfork so that I might join the brigade marching in the streets whenever we get a title without Atmos. The difference in the experience is unbelievable, immeasurable, unthinkable.

People, if you don't currently have Atmos speakers... get them. Now.

OK, I've been following this thread for months, wondering what you guys have been yammering on about. I am so in love with my 4K/HDR projector, I couldn't imagine my theater getting better.

Then last night, my installer hooked up four little (well, 6.5 inch...:D) round speakers in my ceiling.

O.M.G. Watched a scene from John Wick 2, a scene from Baby Driver, and my daughter's favorite scene in the entire library, the Groundhog driving scene in Groudhog Day. (Not too bad for a quadruped!)

I get it now. Please issue me my torch and pitchfork so that I might join the brigade marching in the streets whenever we get a title without Atmos. The difference in the experience is unbelievable, immeasurable, unthinkable.

People, if you don't currently have Atmos speakers... get them. Now.
The next thing you need to do is get a Dolby Atmos demo disc. It will blow your mind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BlacKkKlansman and Crazy Rich Asians?

It looks like BlacKkKlansman by NBC Universal is being released in Atmos on disc.

Last edited:
The following can be added - this is getting silly

The Fast and the Furious - DTS:X
2 Fast 2 Furious - DTS:X
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - DTS:X

Back