• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

4K HDR Titles in K Store Missing Immersive Audio (Dolby Atmos/DTS:X)

Thank you Cheena much appreciated! One clarification request from me as well.

What do you mean by “On Kaleidescape service” vs “On Store”? All these movies are already available with immersive audio.

Kostas

Cheena, I LOVE this update! This is great responsiveness to customer requests/complaints.

John

Likely some studios don’t want to update previous titles and others are OK with this. Would be nice that at least going forward they all provide these formats for NEW titles. Also, letting us know if the prereleases will be updated shortly after so we can hold off watching if we want to wait. Great update Cheena! Would love having an easy way to update older titles. I don’t track those and it would be great to leave on vacation and tell the system to update ALL of them! :) SJ

Thank you Cheena much appreciated! One clarification request from me as well.

What do you mean by “On Kaleidescape service” vs “On Store”? All these movies are already available with immersive audio.

Kostas

I think this is related to Lionsgate where we have titles list that are not available in the store yet in 4K. There is only the HD version that does have the immersive audio track.

All of the titles listed from Lionsgate except for “Terminator 2” are due to not having the 4K version in the store yet.

Also, Cheena was using an older list than what has been update in the first post.

John

So analyzing Cheena’s list here is what I come up with for 4K titles that are a “No”:

Lionsgate:
Divergent
Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Paramount:
A Quiet Place
Braveheart
Daddy’s Home
Gladiator (DTS-HD MA 7.1 in future)
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Sony:
Leon: The Professional (HDR version will not be updated)

Warner Bros.:
Paddington 2
The Matrix

Let me know if I have missed anything or have any errors.

John

Updated this with statements from Cheena and add which titles will be updated and which titles will never be updated...

Also removed Mechanic Resurrection...

Updated this with statements from Cheena and add which titles will be updated and which titles will never be updated...

Also removed Mechanic Resurrection...

Don't want to rain on your parade, but are those titles "never going to be updated"?. All that has been said of these titles is that "No implies that we don't have the assets to work with" (Quoted from Cheen's post). I might be being pedantic but that doesn't indicate to me that these will 'never be updated'. My take on that and from other related posts is that the assets may become available and that discussions continue to take place to obtain these assets.

"never going to be updated" seems too final to me and I'm not sure that's the case here.

@Cheena - care to clarify?

Don't want to rain on your parade, but are those titles "never going to be updated"?. All that has been said of these titles is that "No implies that we don't have the assets to work with" (Quoted from Cheen's post). I might be being pedantic but that doesn't indicate to me that these will 'never be updated'. My take on that and from other related posts is that the assets may become available and that discussions continue to take place to obtain these assets.

"never going to be updated" seems too final to me and I'm not sure that's the case here.

You are correct, I miss understood the post have update first post just stated No planned update at this time for those titles...

Thanks for letting me know

One update: the Rambo series that we’re just added to the store are only available in DTS-HD MA 5.1 on disc so these tittles are up-to-date.

John

ETA: But there could still be immersive audio versions coming for both disc and K store in 2019.

You were defentaly right as Cheena started no for Atmos on A Quiet Place but it was added today so “No” must mean they don’t have the assets at this time to upgrade...

Last edited:
Your updates to the front page accurately reflect Cheena's notes, but we do have a few updates on Atmos availability. Status changes reflected below:

- Mission: Impossible Fallout - Available now with Atmos
- A Quiet Place - Available now with Atmos
- Gods of Egypt - Available now with DTS:X

- Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation - Atmos coming 2019
- Braveheart - Atmos coming 2019
- Warm Bodies - 4K with Atmos coming 2019

- Gladiator - No Atmos
- First Blood - No Atmos
- Rambo - No Atmos
- Rambo III - No Atmos

Your updates to the front page accurately reflect Cheena's notes, but we do have a few updates on Atmos availability. Status changes reflected below:

- Gladiator - No Atmos
- First Blood - No Atmos
- Rambo - No Atmos
- Rambo III - No Atmos

Can you still clarify what "no atmos" means, please?

- Not coming at all, no assets exist
- Could come eventually, but not K assets yet to work with

LOL I was just about to ask where you got your information and just realised who the poster was................welcome Luke.

Can I ask one question of you

I appreciate that Galdiator is unlikely to receive an Atmos soundtrack (given it is a DTS track on disc), but will it be receiving a DTS:X immersive track.

All instances above with "no" mean that Kaleidescape doesn't have any other assets coming that will change the audio quality on that title - Atmos, DTS:X or otherwise.

We only go live with the best quality audio format based on the assets provided. If a title has gone live, that implies that this is the best audio format available for Kaleidescape.

Updates are usually provided for titles in the future when new assets have been made available to Kaleidescape because of process changes for a variety of reasons.

(Hi @Steelman1991)

- Gladiator - No Atmos
- First Blood - No Atmos
- Rambo - No Atmos
- Rambo III - No Atmos

Updated first post with the new info

Also I am currently able to download Warm Bodies in 4K HDR with Atmos...

BF676319-4D44-4F0E-9A47-24693ECB09DB.jpg

Updated first post with the new info

Also I am currently able to download Warm Bodies in 4K HDR with Atmos...

View attachment 617

30d6d30535896570c6e61213bd1fd629.jpg

It still appear in HD in my account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back