• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR and 4K Releases for May & June 2018

‘Matrix” has been added in UHD/HDR and DTS-HD 5.1. Based on past Warner upgrades I believe that it’s only a matter of time before we get the Dolby Atmos soundtrack. Upgrade price is $15.99

:D
The Wrath of Khan in HDR !!

“Star Trek”(Pine), “Into Darkness” and “Beyond” n HDR and Dolby Atmos.

Paramount sound mixers get ahead in front of Sony and Warner with Annihilation, a lovely, seductive, lush and gorgeous horror flick. Better than Gravity and the Shinning.

Star Trek is here!

Star Trek 1-4 are UV on the Kaleidescape Store. Vudu has 1-10, they are UV, and $70 for the Bundle. I got the bundle in the past so now it’s like my Birthday for every Paramount release that are UV compatible on Store.

:D
The Wrath of Khan in HDR !!

“Star Trek”(Pine), “Into Darkness” and “Beyond” n HDR and Dolby Atmos.

“The Wrath of Khan” is a total surprise. I checked the status on 4K disc version and there is no release date at this time.

Someone needs to watch this and let the rest of us know how the video is on this one since there won’t be any reviews of this until it comes out on disc.

John

How come some have disc to digital HD at $5.99 but some don't at $23.99?

Someone at K would probably be better to answer. But, judging from previous comments - it's the Studios that decide what can and can't be offered as D2D. No doubt there will be some complex legal reason drummed up by the 'suits' to maintain maximum profit on certain titles :mad:

Well the 35 to "upgrade" is always interesting...I think they should change it from upgrade to new purchase. The price is the same.

Star Trek is here!
WOOOOOHOOOOO! We've all been waiting a long time for this to happen.

I've had all the older movies for ages, but was waiting for K to get them to buy the new ones. Now I'm in for some serious double dipping. I don't always do that, but for this? I think I'm going all in. Oh, man this is about to get expensive.

Because the $23.99 (Movies 5-10) are not "K Store UV".. Yet. They ALL are UV though.

Not sure UV has anything to do with that pricing decision He's asking why some discs carry a D2D lower rate of $5.99 against full price $23.99.

UV carries 'free' redemption - no charge where the title is UV. D2D is a different animal entirely and AFAIK is offered at the discretion of the studio :mad:.

Back