• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR and 4K Releases for May & June 2018

Not sure UV has anything to do with that pricing decision He's asking why some discs carry a D2D lower rate of $5.99 against full price $23.99.

UV carries 'free' redemption - no charge where the title is UV. D2D is a different animal entirely and AFAIK is offered at the discretion of the studio :mad:.

Films 1-4 Directly correlate to K Store UV licensing. UV requires a proof of purchase and is not free.

I suggest to buy all ten for $70, on Vudu, you’ll get 1-4 now on K and eventually 5-10. If you own the discs, pay $2 for the Vudu Disc to digital.

If you don’t want to do that buy all 10 from K for what they want.

Films 1-4 Directly correlate to K Store UV licensing. UV requires a proof of purchase and is not free.

I suggest to buy all ten for $70, on Vudu, you’ll get 1-4 now on K and eventually 5-10. If you own the discs, pay $2 for the Vudu Disc to digital.

If you don’t want to do that buy all 10 from K for what they want.

When I meant free I meant no additional purchase was necessary and was entirely separate to D2D. I also am aware of my purchasing options thanks :)

When I meant free I meant no additional purchase was necessary and was entirely separate to D2D. I also am aware of my purchasing options thanks :)

Apologies-as I do not intend to insult your intelligence. The statement is not for you, but a public post and viewpoint for others to decide. :cool:

More music concerts have been added by Eagle Rock:

Sting, Madonna, The Who, Rolling Stones, The Doors & Van Morisson.

Edit: Jeff Beck, Robert Plant and the Hanz Zimmer Live in Prague in Dolby Atmos

Last edited:
The following have been added:

‘The Hurricane Heist“ HD-Dolby Atmos from Lionsgate
“A Wrinkle in Time” in UHD/HDR-Dolby Atmos and in HD from Disney

Kostas

“Unsane” in HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal.
“Gringo” in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal.

John

“The Prestige” has been added in UHD/HDR and DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Disney.

“Love, Simon” has been added in HDR and HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1.

John

The following have been added in HD:

Samson
Daphne & Valma

John

Dark Crystal in 4K just came up
WHAT?! This was unexpected! AND with Atmos no less! The Dark Crystal is one of my favorite movies of all time and I've had it on VHS, DVD (several times over), and Blu-Ray. Looks like I'm in for a quintuple-dip. Haha. Thanks for the heads up! I am definitely in for a purchase. Can't wait to share this treasure with my children when they're a bit older (they're just babies now). I saw it at the theater when I was like 2 and it gave me nightmares for years (just as Labyrinth did)...and I still loved every bit of it. :D

WHAT?! This was unexpected! AND with Atmos no less! The Dark Crystal is one of my favorite movies of all time and I've had it on VHS, DVD (several times over), and Blu-Ray. Looks like I'm in for a quintuple-dip. Haha. Thanks for the heads up! I am definitely in for a purchase. Can't wait to share this treasure with my children when they're a bit older (they're just babies now). I saw it at the theater when I was like 2 and it gave me nightmares for years (just as Labyrinth did)...and I still loved every bit of it. :D

Never watched and had no intention to buy it, but you’ve just convinced me :)

Never watched and had no intention to buy it, but you’ve just convinced me :)
Nice! If you enjoy Jim Henson/Frank Oz and fantasy, then you're in for a treat. To me, the movie was an utter masterpiece and has aged very well. One of the least cliche fantasy films I've come across. Just beautiful. Hope you like it!

“Pacific Rim: Uprising” has been added in HDR and DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal.

John

“The Incredibles” in UHD/HDR in Dolby Atmos from Disney.
“Sherlock Gnomes” in HDR/HD in DTS-HD MA 7.1 from Paramount.
“I Can Only Imagine” in HD and DTS-HD MA 5.1 Lionsgate.

John

“Pacific Rim: Uprising” has been added in HDR and DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal.

John

It's a shame they forewent the Atmos track that comes with the disc. I wonder if they'll be adding that in at some point.

On the plus side, the price is right!!! Only $20 as of today. In a rare moment for us, the K version is actually cheaper than the disc from anywhere else! Cheaper than Amazon, BB, etc. Nice!

Back