• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR and 4K Releases for May & June 2018

“Game Night” has been added in UHD/HDR and DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner Bros.This is another titles with no planned release on disc yet.

John

“Game Night” HD version now added.

John

The Jurassic Park Series (all four movies) has been added in HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal.

John

Last edited:
Is Tomb Raider MGM or Warner? Assume MGM as that means it won’t show up? SJ

Good question. The production companies are MGM and Warner Bros. The distribution of the theatrical version in the US is Warner Bros. I haven't found anything about the disc/digital distribution yet. Hoping it is Warner Bros.

John

ETA: Since the digital release date is May 29th and this is not showing up as a pre-order, this must be a MGM release.

Last edited:
K needs to finally get MGM and close this major final piece of their offering. And I’m sure they are working on it! Guess I will get the bluray and pop into my Disc Server. SJ

The following have been added:

“Red Sparrow’ in HDR(DTS HD 5.1) and HD(DTS HD 7.1) from Fox

“The Gladiator” in HDR (DTS HD 7.1) and
“Braveheart” in HDR (DTS HD 5.1) from Paramount

“Bent” and “The Forgiven” in HD from Lionsgate.

Yes!!!!! - now just Saving Private Ryan.

do we know why Gladiator and Braveheart cant be upgraded at the discount from HD if we already own it? showing full price on my end.

do we know why Gladiator and Braveheart cant be upgraded at the discount from HD if we already own it? showing full price on my end.

Because they are Paramount. I don't have any idea why they don't allow upgrade pricing.

John

Gosh I wish Gladiator had the DTS:X soundtrack (like the new 4K disc has)! :(

Last edited:
K will get the DTS X track eventually, correct?

I wouldn't hold my breath on it - just take a look at the thread in the forum for a list of titles that have been released on disc with immersive audio and are yet to receive an upgrade here. Some have remained that way since their early release :mad:

The chance for an upgrade is greater I think on those titles that have been released with better than legacy codec to other streaming platforms, like paramount. Because of workflows, Fury should be out on atmos soon, Sony Rules in consistency of codec quality and quantity, but also the best track record on upgrades. Go Brian Vesa go.

I went ahead and purchased the 4K HDR version of Gladiator. Although only DTS MA 7.1, upmixed by DTS Neural X, it really is pretty spectacular. Hopefully they will upgrade to DTS:X at some point, but still worth the price for complete integration into my K system. Video quality is excellent. What a movie..... SJ

The following titles have been added:

“Annihilation” in HDR/HD both in Dolby Atmos from Paramount.
“Thoroughbreds” in HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal.

John

Back