• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2023

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from NBCUniversal

$3.14 for D2D.

Up for pre-order in UHD/HDR & HD from Universal

$3.14 for D2D.

I already have this in HD but it still shows as an upgrade. Is this a different version? If I get this copy is it a completely different master?

I already have this in HD but it still shows as an upgrade. Is this a different version? If I get this copy is it a completely different master?
Along the same line...
Is there an actual difference between the two below (the latter one shows up as an available upgrade in spite of owning the former in HDR already.

and

Along the same line...
Is there an actual difference between the two below (the latter one shows up as an available upgrade in spite of owning the former in HDR already.

and
Really curious about this too. Also, I swore the new one used to show as a $4.92 upgrade since I owned the older one, but now I'm not seeing any discount.

Watched Maltese Falcon last night - looked great :)

We now have all the Star Trek movies in UHD *except* for the Director's Edition of The Motion Picture. Anyone know the story on this? It's a major rework, got a deluxe disc release, and even played in theaters. Being a Robert Wise movie that's part of a major franchise, KScape should have this,

Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby (True HD) Atmos from Warner Bros - $39.99

Corrected link and price

Last edited:
The following have been added:
In UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos from Sony

In UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner

Reactions: HCS
Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby (True HD) Atmos from Warner Bros - $34.99 (down from $39.99)

The price is still 39,99 for me...

The price is still 39,99 for me...
Yes, I think there was a Shazam 1 vs Shazam 2 mix-up.

Reactions: HCS
Yes, I think there was a Shazam 1 vs Shazam 2 mix-up.

My bad, linked the first movie. Now corrected

The following have been added:
In UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos from Sony

In UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner
Did anyone try D2D on 65? This is a bit steep price for a Sony title. I might do the 4K disc first and later D2D.

Did anyone try D2D on 65? This is a bit steep price for a Sony title. I might do the 4K disc first and later D2D.
Is the disc available yet? I assumed this was in the “still in theaters” window which has typically seen a higher price tag. At least that’s how it worked when I was still using iTunes. Digital exclusive home release at a premium price, then it drops after theatrical run ends.

BE68F085-E46D-4116-889D-C4DECF8A3C33.jpeg

Is the disc available yet? I assumed this was in the “still in theaters” window which has typically seen a higher price tag. At least that’s how it worked when I was still using iTunes. Digital exclusive home release at a premium price, then it drops after theatrical run ends.

View attachment 3594
I didn't realize this is still in theaters. It's been some years since I have been to the theaters :)

I didn't realize this is still in theaters. It's been some years since I have been to the theaters :)
I think Kaleidescape could benefit by pointing that out in their banners and even on the info page for the movie, so people realize why the price is so high on these types - there's a reason Apple does it.

Back