• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2023

Added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Warner

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1(French) from Music Box Films

Added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Warner

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1(French) from Music Box Films
I can finally get rid of the Superman IV Blu-ray. I get $4.92 for Richard Donner cut and IV, the other 2 are $9.99 for D2D.

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1
From Paramount
From Magnolia Pictures

On pre-order in UHD/HDR & HD from Warner

Added in UHD&HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR and HD with Dolby Atmos from Paramount

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

Added in UHD & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR and HD with Dolby Atmos from Paramount
Seems to be on special offer at $14.99 until 10 May too.

I've seen pre-order prices go down and back up.
I'd suggest reaching out to K, as my understanding was that, if at the time of release, the price is lower, you get the lower price.
Not sure about a sale, but would think that would be the same?
Tho it's also the first time I've seen a pre-order movie go on sale at the time of release...
@MikeKobb ?

Last edited:
Yep me as well. Has anyone ever seen it go the other way? Meaning preorder is less? Otherwise there is zero reason to pre-order.
I am sure I have seen some films go from $19.99 on preorder to $24.99 on release but can't be 100%. I do think this is a mistake that Scream VI is in this sale, and expect it will be back up to full price soon.

I've seen pre-order prices go down and back up.
I'd suggest reaching out to K, as my understanding was that, if at the time of release, the price is lower, you get the lower price.
Not sure about a sale, but would think that would be the same?
Tho it's also the first time I've seen a pre-order movie go on sale at the time of release...
@MikeKobb ?
This is how it should be. I emailed support.

I get that it may be a mistake, but if people are getting the lower price for not having preordered it, then the preorder folks should get it too. Or nobody should and they can refund the people who bought the accidental sale. I don’t care which solution happens, but I’m not ok with paying a higher price just because I preordered.

Noticed that it's back at $24.99. Noticed it right after I sent an email to K support lol. Oh well, curious what they'll say.

I think it's back at $14.99 now. For a few moments I got different results when I listed the special pricing collection (=$14.99) and later when searching for "scream" (=$24.99). New search now gives $14.99.

Update: nope, now it's up again. Sync issue?

Looks like there is a "scream franchise" collection coming up, which might explain the price (if it settles at $14.99 again at some point)

Last edited:
Added in UHD/HDR with PCM Stereo from Lionsgate

This is how it should be. I emailed support.

I get that it may be a mistake, but if people are getting the lower price for not having preordered it, then the preorder folks should get it too. Or nobody should and they can refund the people who bought the accidental sale. I don’t care which solution happens, but I’m not ok with paying a higher price just because I preordered.
Mistakes happen and some take advantage. I usually preorder but not this time as I don’t have really an interest for this specific movie. Nonetheless after seeing the price and reading some reviews I bought it at the discounted price.
I do not remember such mistake happening in the past with preorders but in my experience with whatever mistake K has made in the past they immediately compensated us even without asking. I guess you can write them and claim if you are not ok.
On my side I am happy to be charged the extra $10 if K chooses to do so.

Mistakes happen and some take advantage. I usually preorder but not this time as I don’t have really an interest for this specific movie. Nonetheless after seeing the price and reading some reviews I bought it at the discounted price.
I do not remember such mistake happening in the past with preorders but in my experience with whatever mistake K has made in the past they immediately compensated us even without asking. I guess you can write them and claim if you are not ok.
On my side I am happy to be charged the extra $10 if K chooses to do so.
It’s not a money thing; it’s a principle thing. Preordering should guarantee the lowest price between the time you buy it and release. If it doesn’t, there’s no value in preordering.

Back