• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2020

Haven't see the final product yet (was on the set for a couple days, RDJ is a character), but friends that screened it before release said it was well done. Like all films, some will like it, some will hate it, some will love it, some will say it was just okay, and some have no interest in watching it!

I think it will be an entertaining film for my kids, especially given my twins met and like RDJ and it's always fun to see someone you know on screen. We'll see!

(If you don't like it, I'll credit back your store account, not that you need it! :))

Jim

Is this a group offer?? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, why not.....I'll do it for the first 10 people! You and Kostas are in, we'll see who else mentions it. Doesn't matter, you'll like it!!:)

Jim

Sure, why not.....I'll do it for the first 10 people! You and Kostas are in, we'll see who else mentions it. Doesn't matter, you'll like it!!:)

Jim

:LOL: Got panned over here by the critics - which seems to be borne out by the Rotten Tomatoes rankings (17% to Audience 76%). I tend to ignore "paid critics" reviews and back "joe public" so I'll be watching with interest.

But just in case - add me to your list Jim ;):D

Haven't see the final product yet (was on the set for a couple days, RDJ is a character), but friends that screened it before release said it was well done. Like all films, some will like it, some will hate it, some will love it, some will say it was just okay, and some have no interest in watching it!

I think it will be an entertaining film for my kids, especially given my twins met and like RDJ and it's always fun to see someone you know on screen. We'll see!

(If you don't like it, I'll credit back your store account, not that you need it! :))

Jim
Downloading now! We all need some entertainment these days....and family loves RDJ. Thanks for the offer though!

Kostas

I'm with @steelman1991 on this one, usually ignore the majority of critics but this one did make a lot of noise... not as much noise as Cats though! Least they fixed Sonic :)

(And why not, add me to your list Jim but I doubt I'll take you up it ;-) )

“Call of The Wild“ has been added to the pre-order lost in UHD/HDR and is now scheduled for digital release tomorrow (27 March).

Also now scheduled for digital release tomorrow are:

Downhill
Vivarium

I have updated the list in post #1 and will continuously try to update.

John

“Vivarium” has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate
”The Call of the Wild“ has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Fox. UHD/HDR versions still on preorder.

“Vivarium” has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate
”The Call of the Wild“ has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Fox. UHD/HDR versions still on preorder.
Am I losing my mind, or was Call of the Wild initially on the store for $19.99...? (Now $29.99) I remember checking when I saw the Variety article that said it would be on sale from digital retailers for $14.99 and I could *swear* the K price yesterday was $29.99.... (Also, digital purchase price of Downhill is touted at Variety as only $9.99....) I saw Call in a Dolby Cinema and it looked good, sure the HDR release will play well at home!

"Downhill" has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Fox. HDR version still on preorder.

“Call of the Wild“ has been added in UHD with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from Fox.

“The Way Back“ has been added in HDR with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from WarnerBros.

“Hooking Up” has been added in HD with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from Paramount.

“Downhill” has been added in HDR with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from Fox.

Am I losing my mind, or was Call of the Wild initially on the store for $19.99...? (Now $29.99) I remember checking when I saw the Variety article that said it would be on sale from digital retailers for $14.99 and I could *swear* the K price yesterday was $29.99.... (Also, digital purchase price of Downhill is touted at Variety as only $9.99....) I saw Call in a Dolby Cinema and it looked good, sure the HDR release will play well at home!

I recalled seeing a lower price as well yesterday or day before and had it on the list to download today....it is currently listed at$29.99 for the UHD, no HDR noted

It would seem a bit unfair to Kaleidescape for the studios to hold different levels of pricing to the different groups for these Theater to Home releases? I don’t think (initially) the delta for The Gentlemen was different, but appears to now be adjusted to about $5 extra with Kaleidescape, which is not entirely unreasonable to help a smaller business structure. However, it appears the structures on many of these others have a much larger disparity now.

I'm hoping to hold out for the "Sonic" release to K (assuming it happens on the 31st), because my kids saw the VUDU commercial on TV saying it's available and are pushing me to watch it.

Jim

I'm hoping to hold out for the "Sonic" release to K because my kids saw the VUDU commercial on TV saying it's available now (and it is), so they're pushing to watch it now. I'll likely have to order it, but was hoping K would release it in a day or so, but that may be a longshot. I've got a call out now to learn more.

Jim

When I check Vudu it says not available until the 31st which is the same day K should get.

Yes, sorry, I'll amend my comment above to reflect that date. Poor writing on my part, when I said available now, I meant compared to the original expected release date.

Jim

Bad Boys For Life has been added in HDR with Dolby Atmos from Sony

Sonic The Hedgehog added in HDR with Dolby Atmos from Paramount

Back