• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2020

Just watched "A New Hope". What a stunning transformation. Had seen it via Disney+, but this version is on a different level. Disney have made a first class job of this transfer. Had pre-ordered the disc box set, but have just cancelled it and ponied up for the collection on K, plus it wasn't available until April.

Quite stunning. Anyone on the fence, get off it now. I'm sure there will be some, who don't like the versions and the revisionism, but this is as good as it gets (in the present). Great job Kaleidescape in bringing these to the market.

There's always one ;):ROFLMAO:. Frankly I couldn't care less about any of the revisions. I enjoy the films for "how they are" not "how they were".

But yes "Maclunkey" is in there.

Funny Rogue Ones says it is downloaded, yet on the store under my movies not downloaded to my system tab it shows up. And then ... read for yourself. This is a Bug.Conflict.PNG

So is it actually downloaded and authorized on your system? If so, if you filter by “HDR only“ on My Movies does then not show up (I am assuming you didn’t download the HD version)?

John

“Ray Donovan - Season 7” has been added in HD.

John

Last edited:
“The Grudge” has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Sony

weird that Rogue one still isn't in HDR but the others are.
It is available again!

”Just Mercy” has been added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos and in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner

It is available again!
thanks. Down loading now

“Cats” has been added in HDR & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

“The Current War” has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1:

John

My cc was just charged for the movie. Although it looks like the HD version is what is available today. :( Hopefully the 4K HDR version will be coming very soon. SJ

My cc was just charged for the movie. Although it looks like the HD version is what is available today. :( Hopefully the 4K HDR version will be coming very soon. SJ
Hope too! The HD version has downloaded in one of my systems, still not authorized for playback(will be visible on March 21st). My nephew and niece in Greece (in home confinement) will be very happy, they don‘t really care if tt’s 4K or not... :)

Back