• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Store "Hole" Feedback

Added from Sony - Post #12 updated

I have waited quite awhile for these to show. Nice to see them finally!

John

I own Pompeii. I’ll probably spring the $3.14 for D2D just to show my support.

I haven‘t seen Remeber that Night, so I’m all over this. Pretty excited to see that guest appearance by Bowie.

"This new HD edition has been carefully updated with 4k scans of the original film reels."

Last edited:
Howdy folks,

Regarding the Sony catalog titles, we've had a bit of congestion in our processing of these, but we expect that they will begin arriving shortly. I can't give a specific timeframe for any given title.

“Big Fish” was added to The Store today in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Sony. This was a title that was added on disc in May so it’s good to this added! Hopefully, more to come.

Johm

The Abyss
Antibodies
Agora
An American Werewolf in London
Barfly
A Boy and His Dog
Bug (HD)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Dead Alive
Dogma
Donnie Darko
Drugstore Cowboy (HD)
Fearless Vampire Killers (HD)
The Final Cut (HD)
The Hitcher (1986)
I Saw the Devil
Inside (À l'intérieur) (2007)
Irreversible (HD)
Lords of Dogtown (HD)
Man Bites Dog
Manhunter (HD)
Manic
Miami Blues
Miami Vice (TV Series)
Mister Frost
Monument Ave
Near Dark
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Oldboy (2003)
Orphan Black
Over the Edge (HD)
Philadelphia Experiment
Quest For Fire
Red (2008)
Repo Man
River's Edge
Scanners
State of Grace
Station Agent (HD)
Tex
The Woodsman

Just realized this was added not long ago. Hope we see the full gamut of Bruce Lee's movies.

"This new HD edition has been carefully updated with 4k scans of the original film reels."
Added today. I have upgraded my DVD version and looking forward to watching it this week.

Added today. I have upgraded my DVD version and looking forward to watching it this week.

Purchased and watching it now. I'm having lipsync issues with the documentary. Haven't tried concert yet. Curious if you or anyone could spot check to make sure it's not my system

Kevin D.

"I’ve achieved what every artist wants, which is that some of their work will outlive them" - GEORGE MICHAEL

The LED screen in "Live in London" might double as a video processing torture test.

Also "Symphonica" which may not have been released in the U.S.

“Farscape - Seasons 1-4“ have been added in HD from Sony:

John

Hi all, I'm a new K-Scape owner and thought I'd add something to the list, Where Eagles Dare, only in SD on the store but there's a Blu-Ray disk. Already mentioned but I'd also like to see Last Action Hero in 4k HDR.

The Mule with Clint Eastwood is in the Movie Store in HD only. You can rent HDR and it has been for sale in HDR in the past for the same price as it’s listed in HD..

Is this just a mistake?

I checked with the content team, and they're working to resolve the issue. 4K version should be back up for purchase either later today or tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I'm curious why this wasn't upgraded in the store?

Likely because the content owner hasn't made it available to K. This is usually the case with all popular titles that are lacking the higher resolutions.

Jim

Likely because the content owner hasn't made it available to K. This is usually the case with all popular titles that are lacking the higher resolutions.

Jim
To expand on Jim’s comment - The current HD version available in the Store is from Paramount while the digital version (and 4K version) is now distributed by Dreamworks.

John

Back