• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Store "Hole" Feedback

Can we please get “A Christmas Carol” with Alastair Sims added?

It’s already available in BD and by far the best version IMO…..black and white far superior than the colorized version…..thanks!

Last Man Standing (the Yojimbo remake starring Bruce Willis) was recently upgraded from SD to HD in the K store. Back in the day, this was one of my standard demo laserdiscs due to its super-punchy DTS audio track. :)

Is there any chance we'll get The Nevers Season 1 Part 2 now that HBO has cancelled it? My understanding is that Part 2 is ready to air and they might shop it around to another streamer for distribution.

Laika films dropped out of the store some time ago, except for "The Missing Link" and "Corpse Bride".

Would love to see the other 4 films come back.

Note that I owned Coraline and ParaNorman before they were pulled and those are properly still listed in my owned movies. So a good testament that when you buy content from Kaleidescape, even if it has to pull from the store, you still keep your rights.
Three of them are back from Shout Factory

But could have been added back in HD while prepairing to release in 4K….We will see but fingers crossed.

John

Last edited:
1671800484111.png
Nice! I still maintained my former ownership too, even better!

I think we'll see the 4K. K has other content from Shout in the store in 4K. Hopefully they land in short order and then Kubo hits as well.

Yes and no, since you've got a price-tag in addition to the HD-flag it knows your version is different from the current copy.
Hmm, oh yeah, you're right. Well, hopefully they hit in 4K soon anyway, and I'll be able to upgrade them.

View attachment 3216
Nice! I still maintained my former ownership too, even better!

I think we'll see the 4K. K has other content from Shout in the store in 4K. Hopefully they land in short order and then Kubo hits as well.
Added as well in HD for the time being

Added as well in HD for the time being

Excellent, now we just need the sweep of 4K updates here. I hope to watch all these with the family in 2023 after they are updated.

Did anyone notice Apocalypse NOW disappear from the store?

I was going to purchase today and it’s not there, did I miss something on this film being pulled?

Did anyone notice Apocalypse NOW disappear from the store?

I was going to purchase today and it’s not there, did I miss something on this film being pulled?
Interesting - the “Final Cut” version seems to be disappearing from iTunes and Vudu as well. Hopefully a temporary rights issue?

Back