• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Store "Hole" Feedback

and
both exist in 4K on iTunes

It has been available since I bought it. But now I can't find it. Only in My Movies section.

How common is it that movies dissappear without a heads up?

I have a que for at least 1500 movies in my "most wanted" D2D list but since I'm out of space on my systems (and also money following the awesome "Movies on sale" thread) I was until now in no hurry to buy them at once. Since I'm unable to both watch that many movies and have no space for them I was planning to buy them when space was freed up as I watch.

lol, I had it ready for the disc to digital for $3.14, then went to grab it last night and it was gone. I imagine it has something to do with the licensing agreement as there's a 4K version coming this year. (I'll cross my fingers we get that one!)

Yea, Amelie is another I used to have a disc to digital deal for that's gone now.

Since it was mentioned emailing the K store could help with requests, was wondering if if it would help to compile lists here and then just have someone send them a master want list every week or two. Then we could update the first post with things we've already asked for (so that they don't keep getting True Lies emails every week)

Think my biggest fear now is we have so many boutique labels jumping into the 4K disc market now, with some doing their own in-house remastering, and unless deals can be made to get them on board there could be a lot of material we can't get.

Having recently had issues with my 6tb, I've upgraded to a larger size and in the process of bringing more of my discs over. While the newer releases have seemed better with giving the immersive soundtracks at launch, I didn't realize how many of the older UHD titles don't have. Plenty of people mention Private Ryan and Transformers, but I was seeing a lot of missing demo worthy tracks like from 2012 and PJ's King Kong etc.
Hopefully they do eventually go back and add where they can to the older release titles as I'll just hold onto the disc until then.

And what's up with K rental titles having Atmos but the version you can buy not having it? Saw it several times last night looking over my D2D stuff. Thought that was odd.

Star Trek Director's Cut in 4K HDR. It is out on disc now, surprised it isn't on K given the early releases we typically see from Paramount.

Star Trek Director's Cut in 4K HDR. It is out on disc now, surprised it isn't on K given the early releases we typically see from Paramount.
Same with Star Trek V and VI in 4K HDR. I held out til Saturday on cracking the plastic on my 4K Blu-rays in the hopes they might turn up on K before the weekend, but alas.

The Untouchables 4K took a few weeks to show up on K after the disc was released. I'm ready to pull the trigger when this and V and VI show up in the store.

I’d be pretty confident we’ll get the Star Treks without having to wait too long. Also really hoping for $4.92 upgrades on them…

And what's up with K rental titles having Atmos but the version you can buy not having it? Saw it several times last night looking over my D2D stuff. Thought that was odd.
The rental is the same file as the purchase version. Can you give an example where it appears like that may not be the case? Might be something confusing in the store.

Kevin D.

There is a “restored” 4K version of the BBC drama series Pride and Prejudice which would be great to have on the store (my wife would certainly appreciate it!!)

The rental is the same file as the purchase version. Can you give an example where it appears like that may not be the case? Might be something confusing in the store.

Kevin D.

I saw several like that, but off the top without going over my discs "Warcraft" comes to mind.

It looks like this is a case where Atmos is included with the HD version, but not the HDR version.

Yea, you're right. That's the case on the ones I saw. Phone app at a glance made it look like the rental had more with the way they're displayed differently.

Back