• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

    This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

    It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

    This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

    You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
  • You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

    The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

    ... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

    Benefits of registering for a full account:

    • Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

    It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

    This box goes away for registered users.

No Signal on Cinematic HDR10 Title(s)

You could well be right, but still a good idea to confirm. If it hasn't had the update applied, you could end up chasing your tail for a while.
Yes, they also have a couple of different of option when it comes to HDMI firmware, so let them have a look.
 
Good news! First of all, thanks to by96 for the good talk we had earlier today.

I got it working by adding a simple HDMI 4K@60hz switch (wasn't using it) between the Strato K and the Trinnov Altitude.

444HDR10.jpg

Since it was working prior to last week, I still maintain that either Trinnov broke the HDMI handshake between this device and the Strato K for 4:4:4 content or Kaleidescape broke it with the latest update. Coincidentally, they both had updates last week. I'm sure it would be one blaming the other if I brought it up to them. :)
 
Good news! First of all, thanks to by96 for the good talk we had earlier today.

I got it working by adding a simple HDMI 4K@60hz switch (wasn't using it) between the Strato K and the Trinnov Altitude.

View attachment 12215

Since it was working prior to last week, I still maintain that either Trinnov broke the HDMI handshake between this device and the Strato K for 4:4:4 content or Kaleidescape broke it with the latest update. Coincidentally, they both had updates last week. I'm sure it would be one blaming the other if I brought it up to them. :)
This is awesome news!! Given my own experiences with the Strato K, I am not surprised adding something in between worked. I am still happy to ship you the AVPro 40Gbps DA if you want to try it, as it would give you more bandwidth for the future.
 
Good news! First of all, thanks to by96 for the good talk we had earlier today.

I got it working by adding a simple HDMI 4K@60hz switch (wasn't using it) between the Strato K and the Trinnov Altitude.

View attachment 12215

Since it was working prior to last week, I still maintain that either Trinnov broke the HDMI handshake between this device and the Strato K for 4:4:4 content or Kaleidescape broke it with the latest update. Coincidentally, they both had updates last week. I'm sure it would be one blaming the other if I brought it up to them. :)
What switch did you end up using?
 
Good news! First of all, thanks to by96 for the good talk we had earlier today.

I got it working by adding a simple HDMI 4K@60hz switch (wasn't using it) between the Strato K and the Trinnov Altitude.

View attachment 12215

Since it was working prior to last week, I still maintain that either Trinnov broke the HDMI handshake between this device and the Strato K for 4:4:4 content or Kaleidescape broke it with the latest update. Coincidentally, they both had updates last week. I'm sure it would be one blaming the other if I brought it up to them. :)

It says “HDCP Off”. You previously got an HDCP error. Is the switch stripping HDCP or are you getting HDCP okay now too?
 
It says “HDCP Off”. You previously got an HDCP error. Is the switch stripping HDCP or are you getting HDCP okay now too?
I wanted to say the player might have been in the menu (which usually doesn´t have HDCP engaged), but content type says "Cinema", so indeed it seems to be the case the switch is stripping off HDCP. That´s really interesting. Need to do some testing.
 
Back
Top