• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

    This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

    It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

    This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

    You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
  • You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

    The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

    ... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

    Benefits of registering for a full account:

    • Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

    It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

    This box goes away for registered users.

No Signal on Cinematic HDR10 Title(s)

lujan

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 30, 2024
Messages
529
Recently, when downloading both the Dolby Vision (DV) and HDR10 Cinematic titles on the Strato K, I am only able to watch the DV title. The HDR10 Cinematic version will not play and the display will indicate a "no signal" message. This has now occurred a couple of times. The two titles where I've seen this issue are on "Jurassic Park" and today on the "Ballerina: From the World of John Wick".

I will submit a support ticket.

Anyone else seen this issue?
 
What makes up your video chain? Do you have a VP in line?
I have been able to compare both DV and HDR10 Cinematic titles in the past. I'm going from Strato K to Trinnov audio processor and then to MadVR Envy Core to the Hisense TV.
 
Since the Envy is the last item in your chain, I would suspect something is going on with the Envy and not the K.

If the “input” side of the Envy was the problem, you would still see an image on the TV (for example the Envy menus).

Since the TV is reporting no input, the Envy output is not being received properly.
 
Since the Envy is the last item in your chain, I would suspect something is going on with the Envy and not the K.

If the “input” side of the Envy was the problem, you would still see an image on the TV (for example the Envy menus).

Since the TV is reporting no input, the Envy output is not being received properly.
That might be the case, but it's not completely clear from the OP:

@lujan - when you say you see "No Signal" on the TV: if that is in small print at the top left corner, that would be coming from the Envy. That would be telling you there isn't a signal coming into the Envy, and the connection to the TV is intact.

But if it's a message coming from the TV, and the Envy menus won't come up, that is a different scenario.

But the HDMI chain has a broken link somewhere along the way.
 
That might be the case, but it's not completely clear from the OP:

@lujan - when you say you see "No Signal" on the TV: if that is in small print at the top left corner, that would be coming from the Envy. That would be telling you there isn't a signal coming into the Envy, and the connection to the TV is intact.

But if it's a message coming from the TV, and the Envy menus won't come up, that is a different scenario.

But the HDMI chain has a broken link somewhere along the way.
Yes, it appears to be the Envy because it's small print at the top left corner. Should I reboot the Envy?
 
Never mind, I connected the Strato K to the TV directly and was getting video that way. I also rebooted the Strato as well as the video processor (MadVR Envy) and still getting "no signal" but only when playing HDR10 Cinematic content.
 
It appears like it's only the 4:4:4 content. I tried to play the non-Cinematic HDR10 version and it will play just fine. Is there a setting on the Strato K that I should check for this? I don't know why any setting would have changed but I can check.
 
I had the same issue. Try setting the kscape to HDMI 2.0 and set the menu system to 4k 24hz. The 4k 60hz menu kept messing up my extreme.

Supposedly madvr can accept a 4k 60hz signal but every time I try it with my strato k I get that no signal screen.
 
It appears like it's only the 4:4:4 content. I tried to play the non-Cinematic HDR10 version and it will play just fine. Is there a setting on the Strato K that I should check for this? I don't know why any setting would have changed but I can check.
On the Strato, change the output to 18 gbps, rather than the 40, or whatever the other option is.

If I recall right, there is a bug in the Strato K when dealing with HDMI 2.1 components (which your Core MK2 is). See if that fixes it.
 
I had the same issue. Try setting the kscape to HDMI 2.0 and set the menu system to 4k 24hz. The 4k 60hz menu kept messing up my extreme.

Supposedly madvr can accept a 4k 60hz signal but every time I try it with my strato k I get that no signal screen.

On the Strato, change the output to 18 gbps, rather than the 40, or whatever the other option is.

If I recall right, there is a bug in the Strato K when dealing with HDMI 2.1 components (which your Core MK2 is). See if that fixes it.
These are the current settings:

KSettings.jpg
 
These are the current settings:
Yeah, so it looks like you've already done that. You might try changing the Preferred Depth to 4:2:2 if that's an option. And I forget what AVR you have, because sometimes HDMI Signal Format settings there can cause HDMI issues. So you might check those, and see if any changes there have any impact.

And there's always the HDMI cable interconnects that can have problems - make sure they're 2-3 meters, passive (rather than active or fiberoptic).

If none of this helps, and if KScape doesn't come back with anything, let me know and we can potentially look at this in real time.
 
I have been able to compare both DV and HDR10 Cinematic titles in the past. I'm going from Strato K to Trinnov audio processor and then to MadVR Envy Core to the Hisense TV.
Just out of curiosity are you using the first generation Madvr Envy core or the MK2?
 
Those are definitely the correct settings. This might have been already asked but have you tried swapping out the HDMI cable? It’s stupid but maybe the chain doesn’t like that cable.
Not yet, have been using it for a few months with no issues.
 
Not yet, have been using it for a few months with no issues.
So this is a new problem, with HDR10 Cinematic playing fine for months? If so, that is odd. If you're confident no settings have changed, that might suggest a cable failure (or possibly their just needing to be removed and reinserted to make sure there's a solid connection).

You might also try madAssist. It's a new AI engine developed and trained by madVR for Envy specific matters. Like any AI, it's not inherently accurate or reliable, but I've found it to be better than your average AI on Envy questions.
 
Hate to troll but I think it has to be said.... I'm not envious...... :D:ROFLMAO:

I like watching these threads to watch people who have issues with the AV Gear and see the troubleshooting methods. Best of luck.
 
Actually one more thing to ask. Is the kscape menu setting turned on in the envy? That was another issue that caused the no signal on my screen. I had to turn it off.
I'm not sure what you mean by "kscape menu setting"?
 
Back
Top