• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

I have been having a weird issue with these updates. When I look at my download queue on the Kaleidescape Store, it seems to be forever stuck at "completing update", although it seems that it has finished. This will not go away until I start another download or update, or if I restart my Terra.
Sorry about that. We have known issue in the current version of kOS that the last download in the queue doesn't receive a playback authorization if the system is in idle or standby mode. And the mechanism that removes the old version of the movie you are updating waits until it gets confirmation that the new version has downloaded and is authorized. Thus, the update doesn't get marked as "Completed" until a) the system is taken out of standby mode by user activity; or b) another download is started.

We have fixed this in the next version of kOS. In the meantime, you can work around it by doing one of the two activities I mention above: take your system out of standby or queue another download.

You were looking for an excuse to sit down and watch another movie anyway, right? :)

Thanks for that explation John. I had room for 2 more 4K movies and had 5 updates queued up. When I woke up, the downloads had stopped and there was no more room on my Strato. I was wondering if I had to delete a movie before downloading an update, but your explanation covered what is going on.

An update to Maze Runner: The Death Cure HDR w/ ATMOS should be live this weekend.
Available now. Thanks!

Updated with Atmos from Fox !

An update to Kingsman: The Golden Circle HDR w/ ATMOS will be live this week.
Updating now ! Thanks !

Good start point to use my 200$ credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here you go!

Updated with Atmos from Fox

“1917” HDR update:
Audio and video improvements

Another Atmos update from Fox

New Atmos update from Sony

Audio and Video updates

Many updates today ! Extras added in many Marvel movies(in HD)

HDR version: Dolby Atmos audio added:
HDR version: Audio and video improvements

HD versions(from another system)

-Additional audio tracks (English DTS-HD MA 7.1 or 5.1)
-Video quality improvements
-Additional audio tracks
-Added Extras
-Additional audio tracks
-Added Extras
-Additional audio tracks (English DTS-HD MA 7.1)
-Added Extras
-Additional audio tracks (English DTS-HD MA 7.1)
-Added Extras

-Audio and Video improvements

Last edited:
Back