A 3.5 gain screen????? Don't think I've ever seen a screen with such high gain. What are you using?My projector gets 2700 lumens with 3.5 gain screen. It is normally very bright.
It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.
You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.
This box goes away for registered users.
A 3.5 gain screen????? Don't think I've ever seen a screen with such high gain. What are you using?My projector gets 2700 lumens with 3.5 gain screen. It is normally very bright.
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi is another.Good call out with 1917. I forgot about that one. Definitely should see 4KC for that.
I don’t believe K supports arrow releases so yourArrow recently released a 4K disc for Tequila Sunrise and I learned that K-Scape does not have a deal with Arrow.
This one is fascinating. If you subscribe to Apple TV then you can currently stream Troy (Theatrical Cut) in 4K Dolby Vision on the service. However, in the Apple TV Store it is still limited to HD (alongside the HD Director's Cut) and this appears to be the case at all other stores. I'm not sure what's going on with this but hope to learn more.Does K get any Arrow titles? I noticed that Troy has been updates on a streaming site to 4K and a 4K disc was released on 8/18/26 by Arrow. Is there any chance K will get the 4K version?
Does K get any Arrow titles?
...I learned that K-Scape does not have a deal with Arrow.
BTW, a deal/contract with Arrow usually isn't the limiting factor. For most (all?) of the higher profile 4K discs, Arrow only has region-limited physical rights. While they do acquire some digital rights, this is usually for small, foreign, or horror titles (in other words, cheaper titles). So, K not having a contract with Arrow is why we don't have Donnie Darko (their biggest digital title) or Re-Animator (as if K would get it anyway). But Troy and Tequila Sunrise? Those digital rights stay with Warner Bros and therefore it's the contract between WB and Arrow that matters.I don’t believe K supports arrow releases...
Not sure if this is the entirely correct thread, but...
Does KS have the correct Silence of the Lambs (like Arrow) or the one where the first 20 minutes look bad, like Kino Lorber?
I recall researching this a while back and determined that K’s version is good
This is the reason I asked in the first place. I'm currently subscribed to Apple TV until the end of the month. I noticed that Troy was available in 4K there but also noticed it had a message indicating that it was "leaving soon". I then thought that I should watch it now that I get a chance but would prefer it on K, of course, for the better-quality video and audio. I'm also wondering where you would find the 4K version once it leaves Apple TV.This one is fascinating. If you subscribe to Apple TV then you can currently stream Troy (Theatrical Cut) in 4K Dolby Vision on the service. However, in the Apple TV Store it is still limited to HD (alongside the HD Director's Cut) and this appears to be the case at all other stores. I'm not sure what's going on with this but hope to learn more.
I picked up the Arrow 4k Blu-ray. My copy arrived on release day itself. The transfer is great and the 5.1 dts track (for both the theatrical / Director’s cut) is rumored to have been redesigned as well, for this release. It has never looked or sounded better. I would strongly recommend picking up the arrow copy for all the fans of Troy out there.This is the reason I asked in the first place. I'm currently subscribed to Apple TV until the end of the month. I noticed that Troy was available in 4K there but also noticed it had a message indicating that it was "leaving soon". I then thought that I should watch it now that I get a chance but would prefer it on K, of course, for the better-quality video and audio. I'm also wondering where you would find the 4K version once it leaves Apple TV.
I agree 100 percent, I watched my copy from Arrow and I thought it looked fantastic. I haven’t watched it in quite awhile and that was on blu ray. If you are a fan of the movie i highly recommend picking it upI picked up the Arrow 4k Blu-ray. My copy arrived on release day itself. The transfer is great and the 5.1 dts track (for both the theatrical / Director’s cut) is rumored to have been redesigned as well, for this release. It has never looked or sounded better. I would strongly recommend picking up the arrow copy for all the fans of Troy out there.