• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

    This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

    It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

    This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

    You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
  • You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

    The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

    ... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

    Benefits of registering for a full account:

    • Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

    It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

    This box goes away for registered users.

Movie Updates

Does K get any Arrow titles? I noticed that Troy has been updates on a streaming site to 4K and a 4K disc was released on 8/18/26 by Arrow. Is there any chance K will get the 4K version?
 
Does K get any Arrow titles? I noticed that Troy has been updates on a streaming site to 4K and a 4K disc was released on 8/18/26 by Arrow. Is there any chance K will get the 4K version?
This one is fascinating. If you subscribe to Apple TV then you can currently stream Troy (Theatrical Cut) in 4K Dolby Vision on the service. However, in the Apple TV Store it is still limited to HD (alongside the HD Director's Cut) and this appears to be the case at all other stores. I'm not sure what's going on with this but hope to learn more.
 
Does K get any Arrow titles?
...I learned that K-Scape does not have a deal with Arrow.
I don’t believe K supports arrow releases...
BTW, a deal/contract with Arrow usually isn't the limiting factor. For most (all?) of the higher profile 4K discs, Arrow only has region-limited physical rights. While they do acquire some digital rights, this is usually for small, foreign, or horror titles (in other words, cheaper titles). So, K not having a contract with Arrow is why we don't have Donnie Darko (their biggest digital title) or Re-Animator (as if K would get it anyway). But Troy and Tequila Sunrise? Those digital rights stay with Warner Bros and therefore it's the contract between WB and Arrow that matters.

Warner is slightly new'ish to the wide-scale licensing they've been doing, and we have seen some Criterion titles show up digitally in 4K. However, I don't think we've yet seen an Arrow "first in 4K" release hit digital 4K yet. Anyone please correct me as I'd love to be wrong. (The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was already available digitally in 4K before Arrow licensed it for physical release.)
 
Not sure if this is the entirely correct thread, but...

Does KS have the correct Silence of the Lambs (like Arrow) or the one where the first 20 minutes look bad, like Kino Lorber?

I recall researching this a while back and determined that K’s version is good
 
This one is fascinating. If you subscribe to Apple TV then you can currently stream Troy (Theatrical Cut) in 4K Dolby Vision on the service. However, in the Apple TV Store it is still limited to HD (alongside the HD Director's Cut) and this appears to be the case at all other stores. I'm not sure what's going on with this but hope to learn more.
This is the reason I asked in the first place. I'm currently subscribed to Apple TV until the end of the month. I noticed that Troy was available in 4K there but also noticed it had a message indicating that it was "leaving soon". I then thought that I should watch it now that I get a chance but would prefer it on K, of course, for the better-quality video and audio. I'm also wondering where you would find the 4K version once it leaves Apple TV.
 
This is the reason I asked in the first place. I'm currently subscribed to Apple TV until the end of the month. I noticed that Troy was available in 4K there but also noticed it had a message indicating that it was "leaving soon". I then thought that I should watch it now that I get a chance but would prefer it on K, of course, for the better-quality video and audio. I'm also wondering where you would find the 4K version once it leaves Apple TV.
I picked up the Arrow 4k Blu-ray. My copy arrived on release day itself. The transfer is great and the 5.1 dts track (for both the theatrical / Director’s cut) is rumored to have been redesigned as well, for this release. It has never looked or sounded better. I would strongly recommend picking up the arrow copy for all the fans of Troy out there.
 
I picked up the Arrow 4k Blu-ray. My copy arrived on release day itself. The transfer is great and the 5.1 dts track (for both the theatrical / Director’s cut) is rumored to have been redesigned as well, for this release. It has never looked or sounded better. I would strongly recommend picking up the arrow copy for all the fans of Troy out there.
I agree 100 percent, I watched my copy from Arrow and I thought it looked fantastic. I haven’t watched it in quite awhile and that was on blu ray. If you are a fan of the movie i highly recommend picking it up 👍
 
Back
Top