• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

Would so love to see audio updates for Jurassic Park series, the Daniel Craig bond series, the fast and furious series, Bad Boys Series, and independence Day.
Curious what is missing on the Daniel Craig Bond series? AFAIK they reflect what is available on disc.

Totally agree on the others.

There is a thread here that, although not updated, gives some of the audio anomalies on K

The first 3 are DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Spectre is DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 and No Time to Die is Atmos

K version of Spectre is DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Didn't notice that extra two channels in Spectre. Not a fatal flaw by any means. Everything else lines up.

also noticed mission Impossible Rogue nation has Atmos on the bluray version but not on the HDR version.. Why is that? Thats just disrespectful, lol

UHD update:
  • Changes in this update:
    A Dolby Atmos audio track was added
    Added audio track: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)

That’s not the title he was talking about lol. It was “Rogue Nation”. The one in your screenshot is the still to be released one.

Goodfellas (1990) in UHD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 added

Goodfellas (1990) in UHD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 added
Anyone notice that the "upgrade" price from HDR to the new UHD version is $24.99. I suspect this is a mistake since I was under the impression that UHD was included with the HDR purchase. Can you confirm @MikeKobb?

1697039902577.png

Thanks,
Andy

Anyone notice that the "upgrade" price from HDR to the new UHD version is $24.99. I suspect this is a mistake since I was under the impression that UHD was included with the HDR purchase.
Must be some kind of error. Have you refreshed the page? UHD upgrade free here and downloaded. Haven't watched the HDR on K but the HDR 4K-disc was a total disaster. Great movie to try the HDR vs. UHD.

goodfellas.png

HD update
  • Video quality improvements
  • Audio and video improvements
Additional audio tracks
  • English (PCM Stereo)
  • Commentary by Walt Disney & Animation Expert John Canemaker

Must be some kind of error. Have you refreshed the page? UHD upgrade free here and downloaded. Haven't watched the HDR on K but the HDR 4K-disc was a total disaster. Great movie to try the HDR vs. UHD.

View attachment 4121
Just looked at it. This looks like a completely different grade. Detail is fantastic and the contrast looks WAY better than the HDR version. The HDR version looks like it has raised blacks and a bit of a muted washed out appearance. This looks substantially better in that regard. I’ve compared a few other UHD vs HDR updates lately and this has been more of an exception. The Fury Road one does not look as good as the HDR version, same with the Harry Potter ones I’ve looked at.

Back