• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

Eternals (2021) in HD updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (2022) in HD updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

HD update

Additional audio tracks
  • English (DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1)
  • English (PCM Stereo)
  • Director's Commentary by Henry Selick, Tim Burton and Danny Elfman
Video quality improvements

So awesome to see a commentary track get added. Speaking of Tim Burton and Danny Elfman, I just watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure the other day, in honor of Paul Reubens. It's amazing that was the first movie for both of them. The soundtrack is absolutely incredible.

Asteroid City (2023) in HDR
Audio & Video Improvements

UHD added from Warner Bros Discovery (previously HDR & HD only)

UHD added from Warner Bros Discovery (previously HDR & HD only)

Now available in UHD as well.
Interestingly, I am being asked to pay $19.99 for this update when I already own the HDR version. Must have to do with the fact that all the HP movies in my account were transferred from Ultraviolet licensing. I had bought the 4K set in May 2017 as it was taking time to come to K, they finally showed up in December 2017.
So far only 1 & 3 are offered in UHD.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Now available in UHD as well.
Interestingly, I am being asked to pay $19.99 for this update when I already own the HDR version. Must have to do with the fact that all the HP movies in my account were transferred from Ultraviolet licensing. I had bought the 4K set in May 2017 as it was taking time to come to K, they finally showed up in December 2017.
So far only 1 & 3 are offered in UHD.
That sounds like an error. Let me check with the team on that.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) UHD with DTS:X added

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) UHD with DTS:X added

I have all of these in HDR yet to get the DTS-X it shows full price rather than a free upgrade. A mistake to be corrected?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) UHD with DTS:X added

Training Day (2001) UHD with Dolby TureHD Atmos added

Interestingly, I am being asked to pay $19.99 for this update when I already own the HDR version.
Kostas, please check now. I believe you should have a no-charge download available for the UHD version of Azkaban. You may or may not see UHD versions available for Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets yet. There's some licensing complexity there but if they're not there yet they should be eventually.

Is there a way to find out exactly what updated? I recently received an update on the George Strait concert, but cannot figure out what improvements were made.

Not much of a country music fan, but how could you possibly improve upon George Strait?
He's the GOAT. Just announced his next tour and he'll be stopping in Charlotte this June. Wife is stoked.

Regarding my question though...Audio and Video quality appear to be listed the same. I did notice some lipsync issues during one of the songs prior to this update, but I can't remember where. Maybe thats the improvment.

Is there a way to find out exactly what updated? I recently received an update on the George Strait concert, but cannot figure out what improvements were made.
When you have not yet downloaded the update, you can tap/click to find out exactly what has changed. Here's an example from mobile.

IMG_2716660CBEE5-1.jpeg

"Video quality improvements" is hardly exact. It has been used for anything from de-fuzzing the picture to swapping the opening montage for Balck Panther to memorialize Chadwick Boseman (not guns becoming walkie-talkies... yet.) So ultimately it just gets used for anything to mean "it looks different than it did yesterday."

Back