• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

Just make sure you there Is an option to opt-out. I usually can’t do auto u-dates due to user marked scenes or cases on concerts were the content is on the update has less than on the previous version.

John

IMO, I would opt-in for automatically applied updates. Especially to be able to have them download at certain times (overnight hours). I would pretty much always take an update when one is available, but I have fast speed and a high cap.

That said, if you allow opt-in auto updates, I would still notifications or an update history available for reference. I still want to know when something was updated and why, so please don't make it a black box feature if it is on.

Downton Abbey: A New Era (2022) in HD from NBC Universalupdated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

The Bad Guys (2022)) in HD from NBC Universalupdated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

Has anyone heard if Live, Die, Repeat (Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt - 2014) will be getting the Atmos soundtrack that is now on the 4K UHD disk?

Has anyone heard if Live, Die, Repeat (Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt - 2014) will be getting the Atmos soundtrack that is now on the 4K UHD disk?
The Atmos track that's on there now should be the same, do you think the one on the disk is different?

The Atmos track that's on there now should be the same, do you think the one on the disk is different?
I’m going to have to check my movie. I didn’t think I had the Atmos track on the original download. Most likely this is my mistake! Still relatively new to Kscape.

The movie at the store shows Atmos…

Might have been updated at some point.

Last edited:
Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) in HD from A24 Films updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (20220 from Warner Bros updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) in HD from A24 Films updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (20220 from Warner Bros updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1
How do I know which version I have?

How do I know which version I have?
This concerns the soundtrack update to Atmos for the HD quality version, I would suspect that you have the 4K HDR version in your system? No update so far for the latter.

Review of “Edge of Tomorrow/Live Die Repeat” from HighDef Digest confirms that the bass in the HD version(DTS-HD MA 7.1) is better compared to the 4K disk version. Looks like the 4K store Atmos soundtrack is the exact same as the one on the physical media.

Sadly, in spite of how incredibly amazing this object-based mix is, there is one area where it sorely drops the ball when compared to its DTS-HD Master Audio counterpart. And that is the bass . . . because it's all about that bass. To be fair, the low-end on this 3D track is plenty powerful at providing the visuals with some wall-rattling, couch-shaking oomph, particularly during the beach siege and the attack at the Louvre. However, the bigger disappointment comes at the opening sequence when the pulsating radio frequency, which made the Blu-ray a reference disc for the DIY bassheads because it drops down to 10Hz at loud decibels (bass chart), was suddenly missing on this UHD edition. Much like they did with War of the Worlds, a high-pass filter has been applied to the mix, maddeningly cutting off the low-end at 30Hz (bass chart) for the entirety of the movie.”

Last edited:
I have the 4K HDR versions. I sometimes get updates notifications on the store but sometimes don’t. In this case, I don’t see any updates.

I have the 4K HDR versions. I sometimes get updates notifications on the store but sometimes don’t. In this case, I don’t see any updates.
Correct no update, you would have seen a notification for this one only if you had the HD version.

I’ve always had notifications since K implemented the pop-up windows for updates and D2D so next time you don’t get one may be worth checking with K?

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) in HDR from A24 Films
Audio & Video Improvements
(For a frame of reference, I originally downloaded on 2022-06-17)

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) in HDR from A24 Films
Audio & Video Improvements
(For a frame of reference, I originally downloaded on 2022-06-17)
I watched it this weekend. I wonder what these "audio and video" improvements are.

Dunkirk (2017) in HDR/UHD from Warner Bros. updated with additional audio tracks and subtitle tracks

This is an example of a movie which I don’t really need to update (adding French subtitles, etc.). Is there a way to skip the update and have it removed from the update list? I went ahead and updated because I don’t want to receive any messages or have it in the list…. SJ

Currently, there's no way to remove the movie from the updates list without actually doing the update. That's on our roadmap for the future, but to do it properly, we have to essentially keep track of what updates you've declined, so that we can tell you what will change if you choose to apply a future update.

Back