• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

LATEST UPDATE ON K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current situation has K slowly bringing back key people to start the process of supporting its customers. It's not my place to say more than that at the moment, and I believe there will be an official statement from K once this process is completed.

One other comment, I appreciate all of the kind words thrown in my direction, this has not been easy, BUT, i give any credit due here during this incredibly difficult and stressful process to K's CEO for his tireless dedication to this process, and his genuine caring for YOU, the customers, dealers and Reps, and his emotional attachment to his employees. I've personally been very impressed by what I've seen from Cheena Srinivasan during this difficult time.

Jim

Last edited:
They are, but just fyi to everyone, don't expect K support to answer the phone directly for awhile, they will be very busy addressing any issues that developed within the past week and those that were pending before the short "recess." Best to use email until such time as Support can handle more direct communication.

Jim

Jim,

Fantastic news if things are progressing down the right path. As we discussed on the phone a few days ago, please keep me in the loop as needed and I am happy to provide support as we discussed. Thanks for all of your efforts on behalf of K and our group.

Rich

Really expected some type of news at this point? Bought and watched Civil War. Perfect. SJ

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, I've been traveling. K cannot provide any statement at the moment, mostly because they are still working through the process of restructuring the business and assessing their position on a daily basis, but also because of the litigious age we live in, legal advice has been to avoid statements until the process is complete.

The CEO has already stated to me during many conversations that he is very appreciative of the support K has received from all over the AV industry, but he is most appreciative of K's customers, dealers and Reps, you all are the motivation behind the hard work of bringing the company back "online." Thanks to you all for your dedication to K through the years, and particularly during this very difficult time. As I've said before, things look a little better each day......thanks for your patience!

Jim

Thanks Jim for keeping us all in the loop:)
I look at all of this as being a very positive sign of there future.
In the day and times that we are in now this is good news.
If this happened back in 2008 this would be a very different story.
I've been in the A/V world for over 27 years and I can count on one hand the amount of company's that have been able to try and make a come back.
So if anyone can I truly believe it's Kaleidescape!
They have my 110% support!!:)

Thanks again Jim and team at Kaleidescape. We really do appreciate your perseverance and although nothing in this world is guaranteed, these are encouraging signs.

It's a shame about how much we need to worry about the legal aspects, but that's the world we live in.

I hope you all won't mind my borrowing a phrase for my desire for Kaleidescape: live long and prosper ! :)

Does K plan on attending CEDIA? They are listed, but didn't know if that had changed... SJ

Jim, all.

We currently have three pending product orders sitting in the extranet, I know they are still working on things. Ironically three of my big system clients hit me up for more disc drives for their open slots even with the closing knowledge. I just want to let them know something. Thanks for the help.

RS

Jim, all.

We currently have three pending product orders sitting in the extranet, I know they are still working on things. Ironically three of my big system clients hit me up for more disc drives for their open slots even with the closing knowledge. I just want to let them know something. Thanks for the help.

RS

Orders should start processing very soon, apologies for the delays, but it took awhile to work out the details on inventory, new orders, etc.., and there was no one to complete the order processing beyond the extranet's automated order taking feature. They needed to have the order folks back to work to complete the payment side of the transaction and to release the order to the factory for shipping. That should all be starting up this week.

Your, and your client's patience are greatly appreciated.

Jim

Any word on the upgrade/grandfather program and when/if it may come back? I have 2 systems in waiting....

Any word on the upgrade/grandfather program and when/if it may come back? I have 2 systems in waiting....

Upgrades can still be processed but are limited to the Extranet only for processing purposes. What I mean by this is that some upgrades are simply clicking the upgrade promo, selecting the system name, then selecting the component to be upgraded, then following the normal procedure to finish the order. If that's all you need, then that process is currently working, just use the Extranet. If however you require some "special" handling, or permission for something out of the norm, then you have to wait a short while longer until the person that handles those issues is able to answer phones. (Basically, if your order can be done without a human, you're fine now, but if you need special assistance from someone in order processing, then that is currently not available, but is being worked to get that back up as soon as possible.)

Transferring the Grandfathered status to an upgrade component is done by K Support, so that is still available once the old unit has been returned to K, but it does require contact with a K Support person to get that done. Currently, it should be requested by email, just provide the Serial No. of the Grandfathered unit, and the Serial No. of the new unit (once you have it), and also the RMA number for the return of the old unit, that should be enough to make the change.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back