• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

LATEST UPDATE ON K

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a two-server Premiere system with two vaults and two other players. It just came up properly on its own a few minutes ago (I just checked it when your message came in)...I have no idea what might have happened, since the message was completely vague... :(

Assuming that you rebooted the whole system, it might have been related the players being up before the servers finished booting up. It really shouldn't give an error like that in that situation but given the circumstances I wouldn't worry about it.

K is back up and running. There was actually a component part that failed and a replacement had to be configured, that took awhile but all is back to normal.

K apologized for the downtime, and is taking steps on their end to reduce the possiblity of similar outages in the future (I say reduce, because it's not possible to eliminate these kinds of occurances given the processes involved).

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Jim

Thanks Mike, sorry to jump in with news, figured you'd be busy.:p

Jim

Absolutely no apology necessary. Thanks for getting the update up pronto!

In the interest of insuring the information I post is accurate, I want to clarify that yesterday's outage at K was at first believed to be "external to K," so that is what I posted. When the actual cause was determined it turned out to be a failed part at the Datacenter. That part was replaced, but also had to be configured and that process was time consuming. K learned from this incident and has taken steps to reduce the possibility of this occurring again in the future. My apology for the miscommunication on my part. Owners should have received the following from K early today:

Dear Kaleidescape Customer:

Friday morning, we sent an email featuring the new 4K HDR collection on the Kaleidescape Movie Store. Around the same time, there was an outage at our datacenter that blocked all Internet traffic to the Movie Store.

If you tried to view the Movie Store during the outage, we apologize for the inconvenience. We want to let you know that the problem has been resolved, and the Movie Store is fully accessible once again. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We look forward to bringing you more of your favorite films in the best possible quality.

Sincerely,
The Kaleidescape Team

Jim

Mike, a bit of additional weirdness regarding the error. Over the weekend, a few CDs (I only imported a very few into the Kaleidescape - just movie soundtracks that came with movies) on the Home screen turned into "?" entries. Clicking those opened a window with the same error.

Thinking it might be because one of the two servers is full, I went through the process of freeing up a little space so the catalog can be reliably downloaded.

But, after bringing everything up again, while the "?" entries on the Home screen are gone, four previously identified CDs are now "Unknown".

Has something happened to the data provider that previously identified these items?

Mike, a bit of additional weirdness regarding the error. Over the weekend, a few CDs (I only imported a very few into the Kaleidescape - just movie soundtracks that came with movies) on the Home screen turned into "?" entries. Clicking those opened a window with the same error.

I have the same issue.

Mike

Can we please close this thread now that K is back on their feet? The thread seems to have become the catch-all for everything now.

Agreed.
Closed.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back