• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

LATEST UPDATE ON K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't count on that happening ant time soon:(
It is a major undertaking to make that work and it's going to take a lot of time to make it happen.
Keep in mind they only have half of the team back working so that going to take them longer to get it done.
I know it's on there wish list but I'm just not sure how realistic it is that is is going to happen.
If you remember on the email that Cheena sent out about the New Kaleidescape when they talked about all the stuff they wanted to do that was the last one on the list.
There's a reason for that!
It's the most difficult integration to do :(
If it happens at all I think it's a long way out :(
But you never know they may pull it off :)
And then will all be happy campers :)

Last edited:
I will say that completing the Encore integration with the Premier line will likely add sales of Strato players and Terra servers. I for one will be upgrading all the players in my system to Strato when that happens and getting a Terra server as well, but until the integration is complete, I don't want to confuse my family with a split system.

I will buy a 4K system once this is done.

I would have said the same thing, but as I've thought more about it, I think I would run the two systems side by side as K originally suggested. It sure would be nice but I have to say that's not the thing that's really holding me up. Its simply my waiting for the timing ti be better on my side to upgrade my projector and displays around the house. Never the less, having this integration will only make it more tempting- especially if the new hardware is updated to decode the high res audio (banging the drum again on this one...)

Looks like everything is down - Store, website, extranet and my system has not contacted K-scape service in 10 hours...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really bad timing for the site to be down. This email just went out. How many people are going to click on that to buy only to have the site be down.

AXfsPM4.jpg

Relax guys, it's an outage, they are working on fixing the problem.

Jim

I'm told it's something external to K, and workers are tracking down the problem as I type this PM. They will be back up as soon as possible.

Jim

One more thing, it is completely understandable that folks would be concerned about ANY interruption at K given the recent issues, BUT, I can assure you K is fine, and moving forward with plans to make improvements in the K experience we all currently enjoy. The Store is also an area receiving a lot of attention as more titles, and improved titles (HDR, ATMOS, etc.) are being added on a regular basis. :)

Jim

Howdy folks,

Sorry about this. We're apparently having an issue at the datacenter. Outside my field of expertise so I'm not sure what's wrong exactly, but it's being worked on. We'll be back on the air as soon as it's fixed.

My opinion - K-scape as a cutting edge technology company really needs to examine how it communicates with its customer base. How about a Twitter feed with a timely update? This is the type of speed and communication that the market expects in 2016....

Especially knowing the very recent history...manage customers expectations - communicate - simple as that....

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate that feedback. Messages are now up on our Twitter and Facebook.

Mike -- Thanks for your attention to customer requests. Keep in mind though that some of us find this forum to be the most convenient place to receive reports from the company.

Would this outage also prevent a system from booting properly? By chance I had to restart my system today after a router change, and I'm getting

Unexpected Error

An unexpected internal system error has been detected.

Would that make any sense?

I'm not aware of any reason why a problem like that would be tied to a headend outage. What sort of system is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back