• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

4K HDR Titles in K Store Missing Immersive Audio (Dolby Atmos/DTS:X)

And I see that there is an update for Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague, where they are adding a Dolby Atmos track to the 4K HDR version! Thank you!

@MAttHEATLifer - has this thread fallen by the wayside. If it is hasn't and you are still monitoring, the original post might need some attention.

I just had a look at the 20th Century Fox (immersive section) and the only title that has still to have updated audio is

ID4 - Independence Day.

The reason I ask is that a question was raised over on AVS about the percentage of movies that don't have immersive audio opposed to disc and I directed the poster to your thread. However with those titles still showing as missng, it gives a rather slewed impression of the missing titles.

These titles also need removing from the list.

The Divergent Series: Insurgent (Atmos)
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Atmos)
The Legend of Hercules (Atmos)

And I see that there is an update for Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague, where they are adding a Dolby Atmos track to the 4K HDR version! Thank you!

I thought that happened in spring.

@steelman1991
yeah I haven’t kept up to date
sorry about that
over the weekend I will update the first post…

if people could post the newer movies that are missing immersive audio I will add to list…

Just a head’s up on this: There are some titles in the Store that are Dolby Atmos while the disc version has DTS:X. These seem to be mainly Sony titles but I haven’t looked closely at this. I personally prefer the Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

John

P.S. This seems like a lot of work to update this. I think I would just clean up the current list (delete titles where immersive tack has been added) before looking for new ones.

It's amazing how dominant DTS was in the Blu-ray era with DTS-MA and how things flipped in the immersive audio era with Dolby Atmos wrecking DTS:X in terms of adoption and use.

Just curious, is there anyone else who likes to have the theatrical soundtracks instead of new soundtracks?

I recently noticed after downloaded Everest that this one is without Dolby Atmos although the Blu-ray is with Atmos.

“The Guns of Navarone” is a title which we are waiting on the HDR release on K after it was released on disc in HDR. For some reason, it has been delayed along with a number of other Sony titles.

John

Just as an update to new Kaleidescape owners, Fox and NBCUniversal are the two hold-outs on adding Atmos to their 4K releases. This finally happened with new releases getting the Atmos tracks when available but it has been Very slow back-filling the older titles. These two studios did Supply Atmos tracks on HD titles from the beginning - so Obviously a different flow for getting Atmos on 4K content.

Anyway, just a long-winded way of saying watch out on Fox and Universal 4K title soundtracks.

John

Just as an update to new Kaleidescape owners, Fox and NBCUniversal are the two hold-outs on adding Atmos to their 4K releases. This finally happened with new releases getting the Atmos tracks when available but it has been Very slow back-filling the older titles. These two studios did Supply Atmos tracks on HD titles from the beginning - so Obviously a different flow for getting Atmos on 4K content.

Anyway, just a long-winded way of saying watch out on Fox and Universal 4K title soundtracks.

John
Hi John,

True for older Universal 4K titles, unfortunately. The only updates I remember are “1917” and “Hobbs and Shaw”.

Re Fox, I own most of their older releases and they have all been updated to Atmos. Comparing with the list from post 1, only “Independence Day:20th Anniversary Edition” is missing the DTS:X track.
However, 4K releases on disc with the DTS-HD MA 7.1 track are still with the 5.1 in the K store, no upgrade there. No big deal for me though as I use the Altitude’s DSU.

Back