• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

4K HDR Titles in K Store Missing Immersive Audio (Dolby Atmos/DTS:X)

Thanks Kostas. I knew Universal was not updating much. But I didn’t realize Fox was doing so well on the updates. This is a really good to know.

John

Last edited:
Would like to see K update the audio on My Fair Lady. The HD version is 7.1 and the HDR one is 5.1. The 4K HDR disc is 7.1 but also 96/16, so higher resolution.

Hi John,

True for older Universal 4K titles, unfortunately. The only updates I remember are “1917” and “Hobbs and Shaw”.

Re Fox, I own most of their older releases and they have all been updated to Atmos. Comparing with the list from post 1, only “Independence Day:20th Anniversary Edition” is missing the DTS:X track.
However, 4K releases on disc with the DTS-HD MA 7.1 track are still with the 5.1 in the K store, no upgrade there. No big deal for me though as I use the Altitude’s DSU.
I went back through my collection of 20th Century (Fox) titles and titles with Dolby Atmos on Disc have Atmos in my collection! Thanks for pointing this out so I could verify. Now just to get the rest of Universal updated.

John

Us is new, from 2019, how come we still see this issue? HD version has atmos the 4k version 5.1...

If you go to the movie store and Browse All, under Audio Quality you can filter by DTS:X

Attachments

• Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    2 MB · Views: 19
@Rasalom Yes, but the issue lies with which version of the movie has which audio track available. DTS:X may be an option for say an HD version, but the HDR version may only have DTS-HD MA. The link above for Atmos actually lists which version of a movie has which audio track.

Yes, but the issue lies with which version of the movie has which audio track available. DTS:X may be an option for say an HD version, but the HDR version may only have DTS-HD MA. The link above for Atmos actually lists which version of a movie has which audio track.
On the Store web site, you can search for this and then sort by video (HDR Only?) in order to get titles that are in DTS:X.

John

On the Store web site, you can search for this and then sort by video (HDR Only?) in order to get titles that are in DTS:X.

John
No, that would show movies that have both HDR and DTS:X. But it may be HDR with DTS-HD MA and HD with DTS:X

No, that would show movies that have both HDR and DTS:X. But it may be HDR with DTS-HD MA and HD with DTS:X
No, it only show HDR with DTS;X:

Attachments

• 6DBAD451-D1C6-4EB7-9973-954414442EFD.png
    6DBAD451-D1C6-4EB7-9973-954414442EFD.png
    15.5 MB · Views: 20
You're right. I was thinking of Jurassic World Dominion, that shows up with DTS:X, but it only has it for HD, not for HDR... But with your filters, it actually is filtered out... Good to know

Back