• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

1U power supply replacement (maybe)

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️ Patron ⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I agree, totally unacceptable, I wouldn't mind knowing who that dealer is.....but obviously your call. Regarding the PS, I'm still not been able to locate a simple drop in replacement, hopefully someone will update this thread with more specific info.

Jim

Tony D

Seems like no one has found a replacement for the power supply for the 1U.
So should I throw the dammed thing out? What do I do with my M500? Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated. I am ignorant when it comes to these things. I just hate to see these units just sitting there and collecting dust. And I just can't afford to pay $12,000. for all new as suggested by Kscape.

flitebynite

⭐️⭐️ Patron ⭐️⭐️
Seems like no one has found a replacement for the power supply for the 1U.
So should I throw the dammed thing out? What do I do with my M500? Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated. I am ignorant when it comes to these things. I just hate to see these units just sitting there and collecting dust. And I just can't afford to pay $12,000. for all new as suggested by Kscape.
I have a spare power supply that I would be willing to let go of since I just sold my last 1U.
It's used but still functional.
Let me know.
Chris

bogey2292

Power-Medic Power Supply Repair
Had some history here last yr I believe. The 1U power supply had overheated and melted and they were able to do the repair.
Also ask here on the forum, there are members who have extra power supplies they might sell.

Best of luck,
Dave

888 904 4222 in Orange, CA.
888 904 4222 in Orange, CA.

bogey2292

Also 1U’s have become very cheap lately. Look into the Marketplace here. I’ve just sold recently two 1U’s cheap! Both were sold on eBay where there are several currently for sale.
Dave

Tony D

I have a spare power supply that I would be willing to let go of since I just sold my last 1U.
It's used but still functional.
Let me know.
Chris
Chris
I would like to get your spare power supply for the 1U. How much do you want for it? And how do we go about getting it?
Thanks a lot
Tony

Mark H

⭐️⭐️ Patron ⭐️⭐️
Anybody know of any replacement power supply for a 1U that will work, doesn't need to be pretty and can be external with the cables fed through etc? Just would like to get an old 1U of mine working again.

Anybody know of any replacement power supply for a 1U that will work, doesn't need to be pretty and can be external with the cables fed through etc? Just would like to get an old 1U of mine working again.

That thread talks about using a picoPSU to convert the internal power supply to an external brick.

Transepoch

I had found a potential alternative around the beginning of the year, but they wanted $80, it would've required some accommodation (smaller than K-OEM,) and then COVID happened (so communications got even slower than they were before.) If anyone is looking to be more adventurous I can pass the contact info along.

Mark H

⭐️⭐️ Patron ⭐️⭐️
Found a 2 part solution that works with a 1U and the power brick will fit inside if needed or externally with the need to drill the back of the case to mount the power connector. Not the most elegant but a decent work around until a better traditional drop in solution is found.

1U PSU 2.JPG