• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Wish there was a newby thread

Strato and HDR playback

Welcome to the newbie thread. Go ahead and post your questions here.

I have a Strato player hooked up to a Sony vw 665ES projector via a 25' Blue Jeans bonded HDMI cable. the cable is third party rated to maintain enough speed to deliver HDR content. My real time IPhone (when I type in the IP address) shows that the Strato, media and projector are HDMI 2.0a capable and the connection is also capable of delivering an HDR Deep Color picture; however, the output performance shows everything to meet standard accept for the deep color. Why am I not getting the Deep Color?

What content are you using to test?

What are you looking at with the iPhone, exactly? Is it the HDMI Capabilities page on the Strato?

Strato and HDR playback

I am playing Concussion in UHD downloaded from the K store also other UHD material downloaded from the K store.
Yes it is the HDMI capabilities screen showing what what the connection and content is capable of and then showing the actual performance. The only area I am falling short on my capabilities is the deep color.

yes I have tried it both ways not to allow for changes and to allow for changes and I get no change in performance...Bye the way thank you so much for your responses

when you play a movie from the disc server (vault), do you have the ability to select pre-made scenes like with most of the digital content? or is it only a press play and movie starts from the beginning.

Yes. When playing a movie from the Disc Server, you get the same features that you get for imported or downloaded content, assuming that the title in question has been bookmarked by the Movie Guide team. So, scenes, songs, aspect ratio and lighting triggers, playback from start of movie, etc.

another question: so for the titles that arent in the store, like Game of Thrones for instance... if I put all those discs in a vault, will i have to manually input that information? Sorry if this is a stupid question- i've never used a vault in my setup since it never incorporated with the strato

No you don't have to input manually unless it's a really obscure title. Everything I have put in my Vault has been recognized even some WWII docs from tiny studios.

Yes, by episode even by scenes. Also trailers and behind the scenes.

Just loaded 'Pacific" the HBO series of war with Japan and all episodes and scenes are listed as well as many languages for subtitles.

Love everything except I can't disable shuffle in the covers view on the Encore system.

another question: so for the titles that arent in the store, like Game of Thrones for instance... if I put all those discs in a vault, will i have to manually input that information? Sorry if this is a stupid question- i've never used a vault in my setup since it never incorporated with the strato

Not necessarily. If they have bookmarked it, it will act as normal (episodes and all.) If not, then there are options. You can enter the UPC and at some point the basic info will get filled in, or you can manually enter it, but in neither case will bookmark items (like individual episodes) be listed (unless you manually go through and make your own scenes for it.)

if I put a movie with an atmos soundtrack in the vault, will i get that option when choosing my audio output? or is that limited to digital content on the Strato.

Yup. When playing a movie from a disc in the vault, you have access to all of the audio tracks.

Back