• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What's the one feature...

I wonder if K would be willing to share API documentation for the store, maybe that could allow someone to develop something where people can download their movie list, their wishlist, get alerted on wishlist items going on sale, and so on?

Maybe I am in a small group but I have many people almost monthly coming over for movies. I like to provide them a list of movies to choose from but since I am always buying more movies (hahaha) I have to screenshot my movies from the store. Takes time to create an updated list all the time (copy and pasting the new movies I to my list).

Back when I was collecting disks, I cataloged them in a program called DVD Profiler. One of its very nice features was it created a web link associated with my collectiont which I could give out. It just listed my movies, normally latest first (although you may have been able to change that, not sure) with the associated cover art for each movie. I gave it to all my movie friends so they could check my current collection when ever they wanted and was very useful in making decisions on what to watch ahead of time.

I definitely miss this ability with K. Now everyone is asking me, "what movies have you recently gotten". Half the time I don't remember....

Back when I was collecting disks, I cataloged them in a program called DVD Profiler. One of its very nice features was it created a web link associated with my collectiont which I could give out. It just listed my movies, normally latest first (although you may have been able to change that, not sure) with the associated cover art for each movie. I gave it to all my movie friends so they could check my current collection when ever they wanted and was very useful in making decisions on what to watch ahead of time.

I definitely miss this ability with K. Now everyone is asking me, "what movies have you recently gotten". Half the time I don't remember....
I have used that and still reference it now for the DVDs/Blu-Rays that I owned prior to 4k. It was neat and I was always surprised someone didn't buy it and integrate it into hardware offer or other software suite.

Always felt as if it was developed with real thought and understanding.

May have been mentioned before, but for that little flag (for lack of better term) not to unfurl when you however over a movie too long

This is why I leave my setting on sort by alphabetical. Then I don't have to worry about that (though I probably would prefer the other way if it didn't auto-scramble)

Say a little more about that? Where would you like to see them listed, and how are you expecting to use that feature?
Thanks Mike!

Under Navigation where it says Jump to Chapter Number but doesn't list any chapters. Would be nice to see a list of the chapters there like the Scenes and a description of the Chapter

I see. The only thing we could really have there is "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2", "Chapter 3" and so on. Not sure it would be terribly valuable. Chapter stops are generally pretty arbitrary and don't necessarily happen at a time that would permit descriptive names. They're largely set by the studio, although I think there are some cases where we get a file without stops and so we generate them just spaced out through the movie at a relatively regular interval.

Thanks Mike!

Under Navigation where it says Jump to Chapter Number but doesn't list any chapters. Would be nice to see a list of the chapters there like the Scenes and a description of the Chapter
I've thought this in the past as well. Not enough to request it, but I'd appreciate it nonetheless.

I would think the chapter stops would mirror the disc, like this example

1693265029634.png

Would be nice to see the preview picture but I'm not worried about that. If it was like this without the preview picture and shows the chapter number and then a brief description like what is shown in Scenes

I would think the chapter stops would mirror the disc, like this example

View attachment 4010

Would be nice to see the preview picture but I'm not worried about that. If it was like this without the preview picture and shows the chapter number and then a brief description like what is shown in Scenes
I’m guessing the chapter titles from the menus are not baked into the files Kaleidescape receives, and are added manually when authoring the disc. I wonder if they are included in any support materials.

Would like to see

• The ability to add a title to the wish list from the on-screen GUI, right now I only see ways to do this from the app and website.
  • See download size of a title in the app
  • It would also be nice if the app could rotate based on tablet/phone orientation from portrait to landscape mode.
I have plenty more, but these features came to mind.

I think it would be great if Kscape auto created a collection for any content set you own. Given the store already recognizes how much of a content set you own, I hope this wouldn't be too hard; however, it would be great for the end user as the content sets are typically logical groupings of movies,

Was going through all my purchased movies last night, I had totally forgotten about some of them, so the ability to see all my movies on the wall, downloaded and not downloaded, maybe have the non downloaded ones greyed out so I know it is not downloaded. If you select one that is not downloaded it could give the option to download it. It would be nice to see them all while looking for something to watch.
Thinking about this again last night. this would be very nice with the new Prime systems, four minute downloads!! also have the ability, maybe in settings, to toggle this on and off.

Back