• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What's the one feature...

While Kaleidescape has been pretty stellar for most new releases, a movie request feature would be a nice option to submit random movies that aren't currently in the store for consideration. Been running into random holes of titles I'd like to see again lately when looking through the store.

While Kaleidescape has been pretty stellar for most new releases, a movie request feature would be a nice option to submit random movies that aren't currently in the store for consideration. Been running into random holes of titles I'd like to see again lately when looking through the store.
They've said to use the "feedback" section in the app.

I'm not sure the point of this thread since the forum has a complete section on "Feature & Enhancement Requests". When things are posted there, each suggested feature can be discussed by others on the merits and gain some momentum and intelligent additional details. When we all post our suggestions here, they get intermingled and it's difficult to keep a discussion on a single topic.

May look to break the posts up here into separate threads in that section of the forum when i have more time.
For now, I may just move this catch-all thread into that section.

I'd encourage anyone with a suggested new feature to make a new thread in this area rather than add on to this catch-all single post... but I'm reluctant to lock this thread to force that behavior as I don't like it when admins try to dictate how people use a forum. Just thinking that it's easier for other users to see the discussions about a given feature organized together.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the point of this thread since the forum has a complete section on "Feature & Enhancement Requests". When things are posted there, each suggested feature can be discussed by others on the merits and gain some momentum and intelligent additional details. When we all post our suggestions here, they get intermingled and it's difficult to keep a discussion on a single topic.
My impression of the original purpose was to poll what we felt was the top issue to be resolved, holding things back, etc. Almost like a crowdsourced prioritization of the issues in the subforum. Then it morphed into the current disorder once lists started getting involved and there was discussions around the various points (most of which already live in other places of the feature request & store subforums.)

Would be good for songs to work the same way as scenes by auto pausing at the end and not leaving a bookmark. As it is right now, after watching a song from a musical, the movie keeps going. And if I stop playback, the system thinks that's where I am in the movie.

40% of my movies have different cover art that I grab from the movie db, put into photoshop and then adjust and embed the hdr logo etc. I do this as its nice when the embedded hdr logo etc doesn't cover the movie text and some of the cover art doesn't match if you have a collection. I would like these cover art changes to be reflected on my app in my movies etc, Cloud based to my account username so if I delete and re-download I dont loose the hundreds of cover art changes. Im happy to share this cover art.

40% of my movies have different cover art that I grab from the movie db, put into photoshop and then adjust and embed the hdr logo etc. — Im happy to share this cover art.
A user-shared database of alternate cover art would be a very cool feature for this forum, or a sister site.

Have you seen this? I believe I saw it on another thread.
Yes, I'm aware of those, but if folks are willing to share their artwork where they've already added the Kaleidescape version indicators, that would be a huge time savings for many.

I'd be willing to donate some of my existing Dropbox storage space if there's a way to securely integrate it with this forum and not compromise my entire storage. I have way more than I need for my use.

Have you seen this? I believe I saw it on another thread.
Yes I have been using it for years along with the movie db but the image sizes need to be specific for Kaleidescape as does the file size and then you need to embedded the HD, UHD or HDR Logo.

I have several hundred covers already organized into alphabetical folders that I'd be happy to share.

Andy
That's great Andy, not everyone has the time or knowledge to do it so if we could combine all of ours and upload them into a dropbox through the forum Im sure it would be helpful to a lot of users. Are yours sized for K and embedded with the HDR etc logo?

Maybe an odd request, but I'd love the ability to import some custom photos for screensavers to use when it goes into sleep mode.

Two features I really miss

1. Ability to choose collection when buy/download movies
2. Always separate download for extras and not in HD movie download and easier way to see if it's a separate download before i't in the download list.

Other things that's not really a feature could be
1. Lack of extended versions of movies (Gladiator, Independence Day, Wild Things to name a few but the list is long)
2. Easier to see if it's the longer or shorter version in 4K. It usually only states "Movie" in 4K but could be two or three different versions in HD

I hope we don't have to keep our selection to this side of the sun cooling, because I'd probably go with 3D playback. Sure, we're never going to get 4k disc support, but lacking BD3D really stings.
Since most 4K discs come with a standard Bluray, can't you just use that for the disk-to-digital program?

Since most 4K discs come with a standard Bluray, can't you just use that for the disk-to-digital program?
Outside of Paramount, and the others likely to follow eventually? Sure, but not relevant to what I was saying (unless you meant on importing 4k, which while most studios are taking a slower roll to forcing a format choice at purchase, more are starting to put extras content on the 4k disc, so it would mean not needing to take space for both.)
it would be nice to get some anime titles! at least the greats, like Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball Z, One Piece
There are a few titles from Shout. Just not as much as I might've expected (you'd think AOA would've been a shoe-in.)

I have a 2.40 screen with motorized masking and I really wish I could set the kscape UI and cover gallery to 16:9. I also have a Plex HTPC setup and there’s something magical about seeing the screen open up from 16:9 to 2.40 when a movie comes on that I miss when I’m on kscape.

Back