• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What's the one feature...

Adjusting the brightness of subtitles is probably my most desired feature as well, subtitles get way too bright, especially on OLED TVs.
And it can screw up dynamic tonemapping as it introduces highlights into the image that are actually not part of the content but are accounted like that by external DTM processing.

I like the Content Set idea that is now in the Store. I wish I could choose to have the lists on my Kaleidescape "group by" content sets as an option (i.e. a Content Set would act kind of like a TV show Season). Even more, I wish I could create custom Content Sets.

I like the Content Set idea that is now in the Store. I wish I could choose to have the lists on my Kaleidescape "group by" content sets as an option (i.e. a Content Set would act kind of like a TV show Season). Even more, I wish I could create custom Content Sets.
You can create "Collections", sounds like that's what you're looking for?

You can create "Collections", sounds like that's what you're looking for?
No, I have plenty of Collections. They don't change, for example, the "List" view when I'm viewing all my movies. That's the view I want to be able to change by grouping related content together, especially on my Premiere system when, for example, TV shows are not recognized. But also for things like "Star Wars" and "Game of Thrones".

Would be nice for content sets to auto collection. Just spent a bunch of time doing this manually, and annoying when I download a new movie in the series that I need to go add to the collection.

A running total that shows the dollar amount spent in the K store, but with achievement milestones you can reach giving you access to Movie Credit rewards in your account. Or really anything that rewards can tally up to give Movie Reward store credit perks.

I would like another poster wall but of all the movies I own but were not currently downloaded to K. The wall being a separate option like list view. Having them on the normal poster wall but greyed out was suggested but this would take up poster space for the already downloaded movies which I think would be unnecessary,

A running total that shows the dollar amount spent in the K store, but with achievement milestones you can reach giving you access to Movie Credit rewards in your account. Or really anything that rewards can tally up to give Movie Reward store credit perks.
I like this idea as well.

A simple printable (downloadable pdf or .xls) list (with movie picture ideally) of EVERY movie I own. Shocking this does not exist. Why is this so difficult?

The larger servers allow for this but not the Compact Terras? Is that what you’re saying?
If you go to the server's IP address, or my-kaleidescape.local, and scroll to the bottom of the Movies tab, you can export a spreadsheet of everything on the server. It's only looking at the server, though, not your account, so it'll only export what's currently on your server.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 9.15.31 AM.png

I’m
If you go to the server's IP address, or my-kaleidescape.local, and scroll to the bottom of the Movies tab, you can export a spreadsheet of everything on the server. It's only looking at the server, though, not your account, so it'll only export what's currently on your server.

View attachment 4002
Riiight. Yes, I now understand your comment. It is crazy the UI cannot pull up a full Excel of everything we have purchased though. Frustrating.

I’m

Riiight. Yes, I now understand your comment. It is crazy the UI cannot pull up a full Excel of everything we have purchased though. Frustrating.
It would be nice, yes. But I think the Kaleidescape website/store would be a more likely place for that functionality. The players only look at the servers (until you enter the storefront), and my-k.local only looks at the hardware.

The Kaleidescape store website would be the logical location, and the simplest to implement. But it's been requested for awhile and I've not seen any real response to the requests. I'm starting to think it's by design, a subtle nudge for us to purchase larger servers.

Like I said, I'd love to have this, and I'd love to have a larger server. But I've also come to just do my best to stop wishing for more and enjoy the quality of what the Kaleidescape puts on my screen whenever I turn it on.

Since it occurred to me the other day, I think the adjustable playback delay time to allow HDMI sync to complete is now my number one wish list item for the Kaleidescape. And it wouldn't lead to any lost profits in their ecosystem. So I'm going to focus on that. :)

It would be nice, yes. But I think the Kaleidescape website/store would be a more likely place for that functionality. The players only look at the servers (until you enter the storefront), and my-k.local only looks at the hardware.

The Kaleidescape store website would be the logical location, and the simplest to implement. But it's been requested for awhile and I've not seen any real response to the requests. I'm starting to think it's by design, a subtle nudge for us to purchase larger servers.

Like I said, I'd love to have this, and I'd love to have a larger server. But I've also come to just do my best to stop wishing for more and enjoy the quality of what the Kaleidescape puts on my screen whenever I turn it on.

Since it occurred to me the other day, I think the adjustable playback delay time to allow HDMI sync to complete is now my number one wish list item for the Kaleidescape. And it wouldn't lead to any lost profits in their ecosystem. So I'm going to focus on that. :)
Maybe I am in a small group but I have many people almost monthly coming over for movies. I like to provide them a list of movies to choose from but since I am always buying more movies (hahaha) I have to screenshot my movies from the store. Takes time to create an updated list all the time (copy and pasting the new movies I to my list).

Maybe I am in a small group but I have many people almost monthly coming over for movies. I like to provide them a list of movies to choose from but since I am always buying more movies (hahaha) I have to screenshot my movies from the store. Takes time to create an updated list all the time (copy and pasting the new movies I to my list).
I get it. Me too.

I started an XLS template for myself, shortly before I pulled the trigger on buying my first component. I started putting in movies with some details as a wishlist, and would then flip them to OWNED whenever I buy anything. It takes a bit of work to put in movies, but it's not that bad. And now I can easily track which movies I have, what each cost versus regular price, and most importantly, filter on length, quality, era, etc. Happy to share a blank version.
But I agree, having something that could update itself from the K-Store would be even better :)

Back