• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UV shutting down 7/31

Greetings,

Sorry for the radio silence. It's been an incredibly busy couple of weeks for me.

The movie store update did happen, and folks should see the missing movies back in their libraries.

nomad, I need to touch base with you directly because there are some unique factors at play that don't affect others.

Sorry it’s been so crazy Mike.

I just checked and looks like most of the missing movies are back. I’ll do a final check later. Thanks for the response.

I’ll send you a PM and you can let me know what problems are unique to my account and how I can assist.

Thanks again for all the hard work and have a great weekend.

I’m still missing a considerable 155 titles from the day before the disconnection.

How many others are missing titles?

I seriously can understand how titles that were there before disconnection were DRASTICALLY less after disconnection.

There were obviously available so why disappear with disconnection.

Everything that UV has said is that as long as you are connected and don’t connect and reconnect they EVERYTHING should stay.

I also don’t understand why am disconnected two whole months before every other digital retailers and UV themselves. It’s not like we’ve seen MA or any other changes in the month since K disconnected early, for some undocumented reason.

For those that use other platforms, make sure your UV retailer accounts are connected! Just a few more days until UltraViolet officially shuts down.

UV Retailer Page: https://www.myuv.com/retailers

Dear Billy,

We want to thank you for making UltraViolet part of how you enjoy entertainment. Our mission to facilitate greater access to digital movies and TV shows and help users build online entertainment libraries has come to an end.

As previously announced, UltraViolet will cease operations on Wednesday July 31, 2019. Hopefully, you followed the directions included in our previous emails and linked to one or more retailers before the UltraViolet shutdown and are able to access some or all of your previously acquired movies and TV shows. Going forward, you can redeem digital codes included in packaged media and make additional electronic purchases from retailers.

Thank you again for being a part of UltraViolet.

Sincerely,
UV Team

After 7/31, what happens to un-redeemed UV codes? Will they simply expire or will they still be redeemable at Vudu, Fandango, etc. but just without UV as the locker?

After 7/31, what happens to un-redeemed UV codes? Will they simply expire or will they still be redeemable at Vudu, Fandango, etc. but just without UV as the locker?

I know Vudu said they will still be redeemable after the shutdown, but I’m not sure if all retailers will accept them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VUDU is currently the only service that I'm aware of that will still accept unexpired UV codes after July 31st, BUT, those titles will only be available on VUDU because it is not actually a UV code redemption, it is VUDU "giving" you a free title just because you own the unexpired code. (I think, but don't know, that VUDU is doing this to both generate new business, and support current user base.)

Jim

Sad day :(

LSfasQc.png

Yup, too bad, now I have to buy some of my children's movies on disc just for the mobile capability.

Jim

Back