• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UV shutting down 7/31

Just as one data point - I didn’t check the “My Movies” tab prior to the shutdown. But, between my 3U and Terra Server, I had every title downloaded. I just went through my list of movies and I have NONE “grayed out”. Everything is playable.

John

Were any imported from UV from redemptions at another service unrelated to K store? Or did they all come from either k store purchases or imports from physical discs?

Depending on your answer the data so far seems to imply that there’s some issue with titles that only appeared in K My Movies from UV linking due to redemption or purchase through other UV services. Oddly not all titles though, and the same title also oddly has different results for different people.

It’s odd that titles would appear in K My Movies for years with no issues but when locking those titles before K severed the UV convection.

It’s also not an issue of those titles not being in the K store as the UV titles in K My Movies was previously much less then my UV titles due to the difference not being in the K store. The ones missing post UV severing were all available for download and in the store previously.

So if a movie was purchased elsewhere and available to the K store via UV, the movie was downloaded to your K system, and then post 5/31 the movie was missing from the UV disconnection but the download was still on the system; that would fit with your second scenario?

I think so. Hopefully I’ll have something more helpful to share tomorrow.

Were any imported from UV from redemptions at another service unrelated to K store? Or did they all come from either k store purchases or imports from physical discs?

Yes, I had some titles that I purchased from Vudu that read-across to Kaleidescape via uv rights. Not a lot, as most of my purchases are with Kaleidescape and the uv rights are going out to other services.

John

Yes, I had some titles that I purchased from Vudu that read-across to Kaleidescape via uv rights. Not a lot, as most of my purchases are with Kaleidescape and the uv rights are going out to other services.

John

That seems to fit. People with less UV titles purchased outside of K store and imported in via UV to K My Movies seem to be missing less (percent wise) or even missing no movies.

Of the 1400(ish) titles in My Movies with K, 100 were purchased with K directly, the rest were UV linked. The 400 titles missing now are part of the 1300 that were UV linked from old disc purchases prior to K system purchase.

If a movie is dimmed in the list view, it means ... that it's a downloaded movie for which playback authorization is not available.

Thanks Mike! I went through my list and send I have quite a few that are greyed out. Not sure when this happened so my just be a coincidence with UV. Anyways it's a mix of VUDU purchase, D2D, K store and over almost the entire timeframe of me having the kit. I'll PM you the details

John

Hi John. Realize it's only been a day, but you thought you might have an update of some kind today. Any details you can share?

Hi Guys, Kaleidescape is responding to the issues being raised in this thread, and still looking into what effect disconnecting from UV has had on some systems. This may take some time, or we may get answers right away, unknown at this point.

Jim

I think so. Hopefully I’ll have something more helpful to share tomorrow.

Hi Mike,

Just checking in. There must be some sort of information that can be shared to the issue of large loss of titles post UV disconnection.

Thanks much.

Sorry for the belated response. It turns out that there were a number of issues that occurred here. UltraViolet integration is quite complex, and there were some unforeseen interactions.

As of now, for people who had issues where content downloaded to their system became unplayable (dimmed out, "not authorized"), these should all be fixed.

Tomorrow, we plan to deploy an update to the movie store that we expect to address most or all of the remaining issues. I'll post here when that update is live, so that folks can verify the results.

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks Mike!

Jim

Thanks Mike... great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Mike. Glad to know I wasn't going crazy and hope to see many movies back in my account tomorrow. I really wish I had done an inventory of everything in My Movies before the UV disconnect.

Thanks, Mike. Glad to know I wasn't going crazy and hope to see many movies back in my account tomorrow. I really wish I had done an inventory of everything in My Movies before the UV disconnect.

As my account has the largest (reported) discrepancy pre and post UV disconnection I would speculate if I get 100% back the “fix” went pretty well.

Tomorrow, we plan to deploy an update to the movie store that we expect to address most or all of the remaining issues. I'll post here when that update is live, so that folks can verify the result

Unfortunately no update today, so far.

:confused:

Tomorrow, we plan to deploy an update to the movie store that we expect to address most or all of the remaining issues. I'll post here when that update is live, so that folks can verify the results.

Guess the problem was more complicated and the movie store update deployment never happened Mike?

Greetings,

Sorry for the radio silence. It's been an incredibly busy couple of weeks for me.

The movie store update did happen, and folks should see the missing movies back in their libraries.

nomad, I need to touch base with you directly because there are some unique factors at play that don't affect others.

The movie store online prompted me to refresh in my browser yesterday. Might have been the update. I’m pretty sure I picked up a few dozen movies in my K library that hadn’t ported from UV before as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back