• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for May & June 2021

Too late for me....but that's okay....I like it when people answer phones....🙂

Jim

Too late for me....but that's okay....I like it when people answer phones....🙂

Jim
Same here.... I am certain though that if there is a mistake with the upgrade pricing K will quickly refund, they have done it in the past.

In the meantime, I am about to pour a 2012 Cliff Lede Cab and shall enjoy the Raiders of the Lost Ark in all its glory :)

Well the 4 disc UHD collection on Amazon is $98.50 with shipping, so for $13.00 more I'll support the Store.....and I don't have to use a UHD player for playback.

Jim
I agree in principle. Vudu is 53 to upgrade all 4. That is reasonable

Late next year we'll be adding the 5th installment....filming is starting on the next Indy movie. Mangold directing this one, but Spielberg still producing along with the usual suspects. Scheduled to release mid-2022.

Jim

Same here.... I am certain though that if there is a mistake with the upgrade pricing K will quickly refund, they have done it in the past.

In the meantime, I am about to pour a 2012 Cliff Lede Cab and shall enjoy the Raiders of the Lost Ark in all its glory :)

You noticed “captions” appearing to indicate place names throughout the film. Looks like there is perhaps an issue with this title. Will contact support.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a reason for the disparity between disc and digital upgrades? Why separate pricing? In most cases the digital purchase is likely to have been more expensive than the disc yet the conversion prices are very different?

$4.92 each if you have the Blu-Ray discs cataloged.

Now if the would only adjust Saturday Night Fever.
This is one thing that does not make sense. I had the Blu Rays in the vault, paid to upgrade to the HD download version, then deleted the disc versions. So now I have to pay more to upgrade to 4K, or re-import the discs if I can find them?

Is there a reason for the disparity between disc and digital upgrades? Why separate pricing? In most cases the digital purchase is likely to have been more expensive than the disc yet the conversion prices are very different?

The reason for the low d2d pricing is to lure new users with large movie collections to convert to Kaleidescape. This has been mentioned one as one of the biggest impediments to converting to Kaleidescape. Luckily, current users who still have their discs can also participate in the low pricing.

John

“Profile” has been added as Premium Rental in UHD/HDR and HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

“Queen Bees” has been added as Premium Rental in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

The following have been added:

“Mortal Kombat” in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos and in HD with DTS-HD MA 7.1 from Warner
”Hemingway” in HD from PBS
“Stray” in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1(Turkish) from Magnolia Pictures

“Above Suspicion” added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate:

”Zappa” added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Magnolia Pictures:

John

The following have been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

Back