• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2022

Added in UHD/HDR & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

Added in HD from Showtime

Available for purchase in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos and in HD with DTS-HD MA 7.1 from Sony

I know what I am watching tonight !!

Available for purchase in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos and in HD with DTS-HD MA 7.1 from Sony

Ooooo nice - that’s my viewing taken care of tonight too Kostas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following have been added:

In UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner

In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

I was a bit surprised to see it didn't download until that morning, instead of in advance. Will we need to re-download once access to the extras is enabled, or should that happen by automatic catalog/index update?

I was a bit surprised to see it didn't download until that morning, instead of in advance. Will we need to re-download once access to the extras is enabled, or should that happen by automatic catalog/index update?

Normally my updates have to be manually queued. I don’t know why this would be any different.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added in UHD/HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

Added in HD from Warner Media:

John

In UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner

In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal
Sweet about American Pickle, was HBO Max exclusive title hopefully this means more titles from HBO Max on store…

In UHD & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

In HD with with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

Added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Warner

Kimi (2021) in UHD/HD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Warner Bros. (UK/CA only) added

The Godfather part 2 added in UHD/HDR

Canada only…

Added in HD with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from Elevation Pictures…

Any thoughts on if/when these two might be added to US?

The Godfather part 2 added in UHD/HDR

Yes, I am getting $20.09 for D2D. Only Part II is available in HDR but Part I has a new cover art now. Part III disappeared from the store and only Coda is available. I am sure upgrades for these will be available in a couple of days. Did anyone get a better D2D price?

Question:

The following movie is available in 4K/HDR on disc and can be streamed from AppleTV in 4K/HDR. It is also (apparently) available in 4K/HDR in Canada and the UK. Since Kaleidescape is claimed to be the "Premier" provider, what reason could there be that K does not have it in their US store if Apple can have it?

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 10.50.03 AM.png

K has said that they are having a little problem with some of the re-released Sony 4K titles but are working on it. I don’t know if this is K or Sony issue:

John

Yeah, K has been really behind on Sony catalog for a long time now. It just doesn’t seem to be a priority. I have a lot of clients that are starting to notice a lot of 4K disc releases that are not hitting K and are second guessing their purchase unfortunately. D2D pricing is weird again too. $20 for Godfather and $10 for Green Mile seem odd given previous pricing with Paramount and Warner catalog.

I got normal 4.92 D2D price for Green Mile , but i also got this high 20.09 price for Godfather .
Strange , as Road warrior and Mad Max 3 were priced 4.92 each .

Back