• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2020

If you missed seeing the new Kristen Stewart underwater horror/thriller when it zipped in-and-out of theaters, it might not be on your radar. And even though it doesn't bring much new to the genre, it is 95-minutes of fun that will give your home theater a real workout! The movie features some of the biggest bass energy I've experienced in a film in a LONG time! Sadly, it is just a 5.1-channel DTS-HD mix, not Atmos, but it upmixes VERY nicely, delivering a very immersive experience. Also, since there will be no 4K HDR disc, and this is a film that really benefits from the added dynamic range and resolution (shot in ArriRaw at 6.5k and a true 4K DI), the Store download is the very BEST way to experience it. Check out my review here:

Thanks John, I was actually surprised that I enjoyed the movie, not normally a fan of Horror films (too much of the usual), but to me this was less Horror, and more action/drama. It was certainly entertaining, and worth watching.

Jim

Not exactly new but the following Monty Python movies have been added in HD from Eagle Rock:

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail"
"Life of Brian"
"Live at the Holywood Bowl"
"The Meaning of Monty Python"

Last edited:
Probably yes, the only Paramount title that has not made it to the store is the third Cloverfield movie which supposedly has an excellent ATMOS mix.

I saw to catch a thief new release has a new master and colour timing plus true hd 5.1 track. I wonder if Kaleidescape will get this ?????

as the older version is available in the store how does K usually do remasters ???

cheers

Dear Jim, I am letting you know that I will not be requesting from you a refund for Dr. Dollittle :D. Besides being a welcome Family Fun Escape perfect for the new global paradigm, it is a pure 2 hours of wonderful HDR wide color gamut pristine eye candy. Highly recommended! :)

Dear Jim, I am letting you know that I will not be requesting from you a refund for Dr. Dollittle :D. Besides being a welcome Family Fun Escape perfect for the new global paradigm, it is a pure 2 hours of wonderful HDR wide color gamut pristine eye candy. Highly recommended! :)

:LOL::ROFLMAO: I had forgotten all about that Peter. Sorry @cinelife but I'll have to claim my refund ;) - quite simply no amount of HDR wide colour gamut/eye candy could make up for a quite horrendous movie experience and performance from an accomplished actor. Sorry but it was quite possibly the worst movie I've ever watched - dreadful fare. Sadly a few hours of my life I'll never get back.

:LOL::ROFLMAO: I had forgotten all about that Peter. Sorry @cinelife but I'll have to claim my refund ;) - quite simply no amount of HDR wide colour gamut/eye candy could make up for a quite horrendous movie experience and performance from an accomplished actor. Sorry but it was quite possibly the worst movie I've ever watched - dreadful fare. Sadly a few hours of my life I'll never get back.

I made the most of it by falling asleep after 20 mins. Advantage of having daybed seating 😉
Kids enjoyed it though.

Thanks guys, I got a good laugh out of those posts! (Send me the email you use for your store account.)

Jim

We all watch so many films there will always be a few that waste our time! My kids liked it (generally), probably because they are all involved in acting to some extent, so they played with the manufactured accents (kind of like what RDJ did).:D

Jim

I haven’t this movie available on any streaming service, so who knows. I was surprised to see that this is available on disc in HD with Atmos.

John

A Pity because the 4th Act in Cloverfield 10 where the Bigfoot Sphinctermouth Creature stomps above the shed literally Drops the Hippopotamus on top of you, as very few other tracks with concussive crushing pressure from the tops. Supposedly the disc Atmos Mix in C Paradox is reference quality too, Something to keep an eye/ear for.;)

Back