• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2020

Hopefully the 4K HDR version will be coming very soon. SJ
Note from Vudu: "UHD purchases and pre-orders will stream HDX instantly. UHD viewing will have delayed availability and appear in your collection upon release". Guess that's valid for K as well.

Downloaded the HD version of Onward last night, and still waiting for it to be
’visible‘ on my system.

Normally K downloads are watchable at 3:00 AM (EDST) on the release date.

Downloaded the HD version of Onward last night, and still waiting for it to be
’visible‘ on my system.

Normally K downloads are watchable at 3:00 AM (EDST) on the release date.
Release date has now changed to March 22nd

Interesting that the K Downloads page ‘Recently Completed’ block Info flashing balloon still shows the March 21st 2020 release date adjacent to the Onward download statius.

This is not the smoothest media rollout.

I guess this could be a Disney, Kaleidescape, or Coronavirus issue.

Just sayn’

I just looked and the 4K version still has DTS HD MA 5.1 The HD version is Dolby Atmos.... What does the update section mean? Thanks.

I just looked and the 4K version still has DTS HD MA 5.1 The HD version is Dolby Atmos.... What does the update section mean? Thanks.

They just added a new section in the app that shows updates to titles that you own. The addition to 1917 is new so wouldn’t be surprised if the 4K version is coming soon. The original HD download only had DTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why are we seeing Onward available in HD, but 4K version is still showing as "Release Date to Be Announced"?

So why are we seeing Onward available in HD, but 4K version is still showing as "Release Date to Be Announced"?

From what I have read, all services are only showing HD for now. 4K is to be released later.

They just added a new section in the app that shows updates to titles that you own. The addition to 1917 is new so wouldn’t be surprised if the 4K version is coming soon. The original HD download only had DTS.

Thanks for the info. They need an update all button that I couldn’t find. Had to select each movie individually to update. Was a pain, but glad they show these updates.

"Onward" is now available in UHD with Dolby Atmos and in HD with DTS-HD MA 7.1 from Pixar. UHD version downloaded overnight in my system and released for playback ! No release date available for the 4K HDR version.

"Onward" is now available in UHD with Dolby Atmos and in HD with DTS-HD MA 7.1 from Pixar. UHD version downloaded overnight in my system and released for playback ! No release date available for the 4K HDR version.

Just checked and the "i" (to be released on March 22nd) is back next to the downloaded movie. UHD version plays fine in my system not sure what's happening.

Attachments

• B34D2008-17E5-4599-BB52-2CB5FD811EA0_1_201_a.jpeg
    B34D2008-17E5-4599-BB52-2CB5FD811EA0_1_201_a.jpeg
    779.4 KB · Views: 22
Since things are so fluid, here are some updates on release dates using the K Pre-order expected dates and Vudu dates.

K Store release dates:

March 24th:
The Gentlemen
Dolittle
Birds of Prey
The Way Back (in HD)

Vudu release dates:

March 24th:
Bloodshot
Clemency

March 31st:
Bad Boys for Life
Sonic the Hedgehog

March 27th:
Vivarium

April 7th:
Ip Man 4: The Finale

April 12th:
Mortal Combat Legends

April 14rh:
Underwater

Hat tip to @telem on the Vudu dates.

John

Thanks guys!

Jim

The following have been added...

“Bloodshot” in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from Sony.

“The Way Back” in HD with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from WarnerBros.

“Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn” in HDR/UHD/HD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from WarnerBros.

“The Gentlemen” in HDR/UHD/HD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from STX.

DoLittle is released in HDR, the HD version isn't mentioned yet, mine is downloading now.

Jim

DoLittle is released in HDR, the HD version isn't mentioned yet, mine is downloading now.

Jim

Thanks Jim ! Worth buying? Quite a high audience score.(76%)

Haven't see the final product yet (was on the set for a couple days, RDJ is a character), but friends that screened it before release said it was well done. Like all films, some will like it, some will hate it, some will love it, some will say it was just okay, and some have no interest in watching it!

I think it will be an entertaining film for my kids, especially given my twins met and like RDJ and it's always fun to see someone you know on screen. We'll see!

(If you don't like it, I'll credit back your store account, not that you need it! :))

Jim

Back